Subject Author Posted Replies

KitchenAid cookware -- How to reattach handles to glass lids?
We have some KitchenAid SS cookware -- maybe 15yrs old now -- with SS-rimmed glass lids whose handles are coming off. The handles are attached by what look like rivets (or threadless bolts) inserted...
9
9

Caps for propane bottles?
My propane bottles (for torch) make me a bit nervous since I have had a few that started leaking. Usually this was the camp-stove type bottles but the y seem to use the same sort of valve as the...
8
8

(Auto) Seatbelt Extender Question
Re: The seatbelt on my 95 Chevy pickup truck. The buckle part is right against the crack in the seat, and can not be pulled up further. It's not rigid, so it turns side to side. To buckle it, I have...
14
14

Toilet Weight Limit ????
I heard from a local plumber that he had to replace a toilet for an obese woman, who he said is over 500lbs. Supposedly she sat on it and the base broke, and she was injured after falling over with...
24
24

Boiler needs to be reset to start
My oil boiler has been giving me headaches lately. I have 3 zones plus hot water. All 4 are working properly in terms of the thermostat and zone valves. Once the boiler reaches 190 degrees, it shuts...
19
19

PTO pressure washer?
I've started thinking that I need a pressure washer, but it seems silly. It will just sit around unused 360 days of the year just like my roto-tiller. Now why can't I just buy the pump and mount it on...
28
28

OT Need a Google search phrase
I decided it would be a good idea to find a service, preferably free, that had people check in daily via email, phone, whatever so as to be sure they are ok, otherwise call and if no response send out...
25
25

Paint for garage cabinets
I have been thinking of making several cabinets for my detached garage. I w as thinking plywood carcass, but maybe poplar face frames with raised panel s made out of mdf. The garage is insulted but...
13
13

(OT) Is the 20th Century Fox logo an actual building?
I'm sure everyone has seen the 20th Century Fox logo, which appears to be a huge 3D stone sign with "20th" at the top and the rest of the words below. In the background there are dome topped buildings...
8
8

Propane Torch Pizeo Igniter dont work anymore.
Propane Torch Pizeo Igniter dont work anymore. It's one of those "hose type" torches. The igniter stopped wotking. I now have to light it with a match or cig lighter. Can those be fixed? (The head...
12
12

Calendar Hanging Tip
I cant be the only person who has spent years fighting with wall calendars. The holes in them are often so close to the edge that as soon as you hang them on a nail in the wall, the paper rips right...
10
10

outside motion detection lights
I have one motion detection on the side of my house, and one of the bulbs is out. Would that make isthe other one stay on all the time? If not what could possibly be the problem
16
16

(OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China
I'm a smoker and have used the standard 6" cheap ashtrays made from Melamine. with the cig holder in the center, for years. They have always held up well. I just bought another one at Dollar General...
25
25

Need help understanding very old natural gas furnace
Hello all, In my struggle to find somewhere affordable and convenient to live, I decid ed to forego some 'luxuries' like central heat/air, after all the weather i s pretty mild where I live. We've hit...
38
38

GFCI breaker
I have two GFCI circuits. One of them stopped working so I checked the breaker box. The breaker was not tripped so I turned it off, then on. Circuit still did not work and the breaker test button does...
8
8