Subject Author Posted Replies

Rational Fire Plans
I need someone in cape Town to assist me with Rational fire plans for a lapa attached to a house. I've called 5 different companies who design plans but no one can help.

"New" Slantfin Boiler won't heat house -- from alt.hvac
A person named Nahsani recently posted the following on the alt.hvac newsgroup: "My two-year old Slantfin Boiler won't heat the house above 65 degrees, and it's usually at 60 degrees. It'll come on...
19
19

Replace wood posts holding up a retaining wall
I have a 2' tall retaining wall in my garden. It consists of 6x8 railroad ties, set on edge. The rr-ties are laterally supported by treated 4x4 lumber posts, imbedded about 1' into concrete supports...
5
5

Contact Cement Question
Hello, Used some Contact Cement on some painted wood pieces, but guess some of it leaked out or migrated from the joint. Boy, that stuff is tenacious and tough. Tried a razor blade, but no luck with....
7
7

Possible Frozen Pipe
I forgot to put the foam cover on the water spigot in my unheated garage. T he pipe to the spigot runs for about ten feet through a wall that is common with the garage and my living room. I turned off...
51
51

OT - Browser issues?
I'm running Firefox 35.0 and for at least the last month I've been having several web sites not displaying all of their functions the way they are displayed with Chrome or Internet Explorer. For...
15
15

Conversation with the plumber
"Mr. plumber, do you think Drano works?" Plumber: "Did it ever work?" And so ends another exciting episode of "Conversation with the Plumber."
11
11

bathtub draining
just curious... what do you do if the bathtub is taking forever to drain?
25
25

Propane Heater Conversion
I presently have propane gas at my home. The Empire SR-10T heater than I'm considering purchasing includes a warning in the manual that field conversion from propane to natural gas is not permitted....
7
7

Picking a company
My parents are looking for a company to fix their springs and aren't DIYers. Does anyone have recommendations for the Seattle area? I found this site on Google and a few others. Any help is...
6
6

Looking around. . .
I have family in Seattle looking for a company to fix their garage door's springs. Has anyone gone with these people and can tell me if they're reputable? http://www.seattlegaragedoors.co/

Converting cross slot sizes to Philips
I want to get some Phillips screwdrivers for very small screws. Most suppliers quote something like this: "#0 and #00". However others quote things like this: "7 Heads Phillips 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5,...
17
17

Stuck batteries..
"Phil Kangas" < Finally got back to this today and had success! I put it in the lathe, with rags to catch the powder, and drilled into the outer battery with an 1 1/4 bit then split the remaining...
5
5

Flood insurance
If you have it, what did you think of your recent letter from the Flood Insurance Processing Center concerning the new $urcharge$? Especially on property you personally don't live in full time? I was...
31
31

Followup on Keyboard with worn letters
I just wanted to do a followup regarding my post several weeks ago. I asked what to use to label my BLACK keyboard keys, which many of the letters were wearing off. I had decided to use my Dymo label...
2
2