Subject Author Posted Replies

How about PODS
Pondering moving out of state. Current plans would be to sell Casa Kurt and rent for 6 months to a year before buying. Some of the current stuff (most probably) will be sold but we will want to keep...
7
7

How to eliminate thermostats from space heaters
I suspect there's some sort of government interference that mandates thermostatic control over heaters . Anyone know? Whether there is or not how does one get rid of the thermostat? The practical...
25
25

HOT Water
My wife just turned on the hot water in the kitchen. After it warmed up, it started smoking. It's really, really hot. We have a 10-year old low-boy State electric water heater. Has the thermostat...
9
9

How to remove cast iron kitchen sink
I'm planning to replace a top-mounted cast iron sink, resting on a formica countertop, with a top-mounted stainless sink. The problem is the cast iron sink probably weighs 100 pounds, more than I can...
32
32

Friend's fridgidaire dish washer failure
Friday Jan 23, 2015 Forwarded from a friend. . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . . ============================== OK my very expensive 5 yr old Frigidaire dishwasher that is of course 2...
14
14

Accessori utili outdoor
Segnalazione accessori per camper, caravan e campeggiatori Il primo E-commerce dedicato esclusivamente alle innovazioni tecnologiche utili al tuo camper creato da un camperista per i camperisti....

NEC revisions. Why...?
I see that the latest NEC revisions prescribe that AFCI breakers are to be used not merely for bedroom circuits but for just about every living space -- OK, I guess. But I see that it is now a...
75
75

Complaint about Ice-cream van
On 2 Jun 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): Yes, ice cream van turf wars can get rather nasty; so I presume the vendors are not unaccustomed to a bit of aggro towards anyone who...
8
8

What are the electrical code requirements for snow forts?
What are the electrical code requirements for snow forts? Also discussed just now on As It Happens,
20
20

Kitchen sink collects water in the quarter inch between sink and backplate
Kitchen sink set in fake marble has a quarter inch space of marble between the back of the sink and the marble wall plate. It collects a pool of water and grime. Any ideas for preventing that?
17
17

OT hyperparathyroidism
OT I just found out I have hyperparathyroidism. I'm in the middle of scheduling surgery. But I still have quesitons. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please post or email. To email remove...
4
4

Conclusion -- Cable 1, Verizon 0
Got Time Warner internet installed today and has old phone number ported to new service. After one day, so far so good. Will see how it goes month after month. Here's the high/low lights.... Last...
9
9

OT: funny cold call conversation
Hi All, A customer told me yesterday of a funny conversation he had with one a cold caller: Criminal: we would like your information for your free web listing. Customer: why would I want to do that?...
16
16

screendoor lock
The handle just snapped in half from my old screen door and looking for rep lacement. I went to Home Depot, old hardware store locally and they don't s eem to have the one I need, except the one in...
1
1

Furnace problem
I PM my furnace every year and the control board is clean and dry. The leads are pushed properly but I will double check, The controller is sealed and solid state so it does not look like there is a...
84
84