Subject Author Posted Replies

OK to cut humidifier in side of A-coil box?
Subject says all... it's been unuually cold for the area here (DC-land, si ngle digits at night) and I stayed last night at my girlfriend's place whil e she was out of town. A while back I'd brought...
11
11

daisy chaining duplex GFI
I'm working on our master bath, wife wanted a second duplex outlet near the vanity. OK, a PITA but no problem. My plan was to daisy chain off the existing GFI outlet, running romex from it to the...
9
9

reset odometer
How does one reset the odometer on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma to zero after an oil change? The "maint required" light keeps flashing indicating an oil change is due which has been done. I would like to turn...
24
24

Bryant Plus 90t Furnace "fan not turning OFF"
Hi i found a similar problem i have in this group and i like to get great advises from here.. I have Bryant Plus 90t Gas Furnace, Model # 352AAV036080, Series A, Manufacture Date 2007, My quistion is...
10
10

Flattened Sofa Seat Cushions?
SWMBO and I often roost on our three cushion LR sofa reading or watching TV. We sit on the end cushions because a small coffee table in front of the sofa keeps us from being able to stretch our legs...
4
4

Update - Montana homeowner...
No time but the family is bringing a civil suit against the pair. She's included on the basis if she didn't egg him on she didn't do anything to prevent it.
4
4

OT: Small Engines-A Good Place To Start...
Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of small Gasoline Engines and Rotary Lawn Mowers
1
1

Wide door
I'm installing doors without the frame in a home. This means I had to route the hinge and bore the holes for knobs and latches. All went well until I hit the last door, a closet door, were the door is...
32
32

Snowblower Engine And No-Choke Position Question
Hello, Have an Ariens snowblower with a Tecumseh engine. Put it on Full-Choke, prime the rubber bulb a few times, and it starts pretty well. Let it warm up for a while, and then put the Choke to...
7
7

Do new Kenmore dishwashers come with a drain hose.
Our 12 year old Maytag dishwasher works fine but the racks are rusting out. A new set of racks cost close to $300 USD so told the wife to look for a new dishwasher. She is interested in a Kenmore...
17
17

A successful repair! So far
My Pelonis oil-filled space heater temperature range setting failed a few days aho. I removed the trim panel to get at the knob; the knob was too large to remove otherwise. The trim panel was VERY...
4
4

Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?
Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose? It seems to me that I've seen something like that advertised, but cant find it now. I'm on a farm, and I have to fill water tanks for livestock in the...
4
4

I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!
I have an old trailer house that is for storage, but its in poor shape and I intend to demolish it this summer. Actually the roof is fine, but the crappy particle board floor is just falling apart....
47
47

A good deed get way out of hand.
Elderly neighbor couple (long story short -- really really nice folk) had problems with plumbing in the kitchen. My son and I, at the behest of my grandkids, volunteered to fix the problem(s) that...
11
11

Oil level sight glass HF compressor
Bought a cheapie for the shop while in Wichita last weekend...turns out the sight glass leaks (around the cover seal, not the threaded portion). Parts show it numbered but don't give...
2
2