Subject Author Posted Replies

3/8" Flex Cable Clamps
Maybe not the right size? I think you have to look at the listing tho. Some may be listed for whips and others only when the cable is supported within a foot of the box. In that case, the clamp is not...
11
11

Should my parade float have arc fault protection?
Or maybe they should have just checked clearances on the parade route and not made it so tall...... I wonder what the path to ground was? If the float was on typical tires, there would have to be some...
2
2

Advice to fix a $100 Ryobi pole saw 8" chain saw (stripped adjustment threads)
Here is a picture from a few months ago, before this Home Depot Ryobi electric 8-inch chain saw (pole saw, pole pruner) broke: We had used it on chapparal and on a treehouse limbing project: We think...
9
9

OT/Unemployment Explained
Unemployment Explained COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America . ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It's 7.8%. COSTELLO: That many people are out of work? ABBOTT: No, that's...
1
1

Cleaning swamp cooler
I've started cleaning my cooler for the summer. First thing, clean out the calcium in the water pan. I scraped off the soft stuff but there's a 1/4" layer of hard calcium in part of the water...
9
9

Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits
I bought a set of Bosch Daredevil spade bits. Unlike the spade bits I've been using for many years, they have a threaded starter point in the middle instead of just a flat triangular piece. I've tried...
4
4

chicken anyone
1
1

Everything is new
Surveyed the house and found all the major appliances etc in good order: List of everything under five years old: Furnace Water heater Clothes drier Oven Microwave Refrigerator Toilet Windows One...
2
2

Kenmore side-by-side: no ice
Kenmore 106.56532400 side-by-side refrigerator/freezer (made by Whirlpool, I understand) about 8-9 years old. Never a spot of trouble until now. It's quit making ice. The solenoids for the water...
10
10

What servicing will my heater need after 10 years of non-use?
I haven't used my central heater for about 10 years (been relying on electric space heaters) I already know I have to have a plumber hook up the gas line, but what steps should be taken before firing...
10
10

How long to "book" York wallpapers
The instructions for my York Prepasted Wallpaper do not say how long to Book the paper before applying to the wall. Several Youtube videos say to Book for 5 - 10 minutes, York says nothing on the...
4
4

OK to cut humidifier in side of A-coil box?
Subject says all... it's been unuually cold for the area here (DC-land, si ngle digits at night) and I stayed last night at my girlfriend's place whil e she was out of town. A while back I'd brought...
11
11

daisy chaining duplex GFI
I'm working on our master bath, wife wanted a second duplex outlet near the vanity. OK, a PITA but no problem. My plan was to daisy chain off the existing GFI outlet, running romex from it to the...
9
9

reset odometer
How does one reset the odometer on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma to zero after an oil change? The "maint required" light keeps flashing indicating an oil change is due which has been done. I would like to turn...
24
24

Bryant Plus 90t Furnace "fan not turning OFF"
Hi i found a similar problem i have in this group and i like to get great advises from here.. I have Bryant Plus 90t Gas Furnace, Model # 352AAV036080, Series A, Manufacture Date 2007, My quistion is...
10
10