Subject Author Posted Replies

trouble light - complete enclosure verses grill
Does anyone know if a trouble light is sold that seals up completely. Stan dard trouble lights close up in front with a grill. I'm looking for someth ing like a plexiglass shield instead. With cfl's...
3
3

Heading over to Ace Hardware
need me to pick up anything ? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

too bad no present day car can do this
1920s vintage Dodge Brothers sedan drives down muddy roads and across muddy fields to get to the gushing oil well. For some strange reason the car has "Oil Field Dodge" painted on the side. This may...
2
2

shatterproof cfl - can you make?
They sell shatterproof cfl's but not the bulb I want. Can you make this by dipping them in some coating?
3
3

Why do Water Mains break in freezing weather?
A nearby town had a water main break yesterday, and I just happened to be there when it broke. It was quite impressive! It began under a huge pile of snow from a parking lot, and that 8 foot pile of...
6
6

Fixing a banister post ornamental top
We have this banister post at the foot of our stairs that has an ornamental top that is just a ball attached to a square piece of wood that was nailed to the post. When we had couches delivered...
11
11

Costco's LED Shop Lights
Costco had these for $32 in the coupon book that just expired, but they sold out of them really fast and then the dockworker's slowdown prevented restocking. They are now getting shipments of them. I...
2
2

Saw Horse Brackets - Hard-Hitting Product Evaluation
I bought a pair of these at Harbor Freight ($4-5) and, when I realized I needed two pairs for two sawhorses, I bought a 2nd pair at Home Depot ($8). So I spent $13 or so on them, plus the 2x4's. Then...
4
4

Emerson Moistair Humidifier
I have a Emerson Moistair Humidifier that is showing a problem that I can't fix. Seems the indicator panel that shows (1) the %humidification wanted, (2) fan speed, etc started flashing 'CF'...
10
10

Can't pop the top of Maytag clothes dryer
I have a Maytag model DG4000 clothes dryer I need to service. I haven't found a manual for this precise model, but it appears to be one in which access is via a pop-up top, with a pair of latches in...
4
4

Connecting TWO Antennas to a TV?
I live in the country, and we dont have cable tv. Satellite is far too costly for the person who only watches a a few hours of tv per month. (Which is me). Anyhow, I installed a small compact antenna...
16
16

Newsgroup not loading
Anyone using Eternal September not receiving new downloaded messages in Then again, if it's the only service you're using you wont see this question. I can download every other newsgroup category...
7
7

[SOLVED] Chainsaw rope very hard to pull
I picked up a Stihl "Farm Boss" chainsaw at a garage sale, for a real good price. It's old but real clean and came with an extra *new* chain and a case, and more. The new chain is worth what I paid...
69
69

I need to get 500A Service to power this lightbulb.
Oren formulated the question : We had pilot controlled runway lights at Vung Tau (remeber that) in 1964. They did not always work :-?
21
21

Thermostat won't keep temp.
My first thing to check is the circulating pump for B. It may be either not working, a restriction in the line, or too small a size. A quick test is to feel the lines. Since A is getting heated...
26
26