Subject Author Posted Replies

OT ear plugs that work?
Anyone found any ear plugs that work? The silicone surface plugs don't seem to work at all. The foam(?) cylindical ones with the rounded end work very poorly - quite well if you put your fingers in...
14
14

Things you'll never see.....
Things you'll never see..... A Size 1 Shoe. A home with solid gold plumbing. A 29.99 dollar bill. A house built entirely with feathers. A one ton U.S. Minted coin. A silent (alive) human women....
13
13

tub drain lever replacement
I am replacing my trip lever and the replacement screws are not the same size ....are there different sizes,and how do I obtain the correct one?
3
3

Propane Heater Suggestions
I've googled around for propane heaters but thought that maybe someone in t his group might have a suggestion as to a specific make and model to fit my needs. I built a greenhouse for my wife a few...
6
6

Solar Panels
Solar Panels have been heavily promoted recently. Of course, they only do this to save you money on your utility bill and have no interest other than saving the environment. This explains a bit how it...
17
17

tobacco smoke odour in vehicle
Just picked up an old Volvo in great shape except for a strong tobacco odour in the interior - recommendations for eliminating this problem would be greatly appreciated TIA
8
8

Remote sensor thermostat
My current stat is in the hallway. I'd like to move it to the front room, mainly cuz I don't live in the hall. Yet I don't wanna rip out my walls to rewire the stat location. Does anyone make a single...
11
11

Sticky rubber coated metal racks/shelves
I've recently purchased a house that has wire racks in various closets that are covered by some plastic or rubber coating, this kind of thing: Over time they've become sticky and I've been told that...
3
3

Need a new thermostat. Any suggestions?
So our thermostat has started to go bad. Before someone asks, the LCD read out has started showing some funky temps. So it's time for a new one. Its an older home so nothing fancy. Just something...
17
17

plastic sheeting over dirt in crawlspace
Hi, Planning on installing heavy plastic sheeting over the dirt in my crawlspac e (to reduce humidity in the overall basement area and house), but it's VER Y difficult to get around in there. I think...
12
12

Toughest Job
Just spent the day chipping away clay tiles that were cemented into a basement. Long, tedious, unproductive work. The Sledge didn't work too well since it sent shards flying into the customers' brand...
11
11

You know you've been in heavy duty poison oak when ...
You know you've been in heavy duty poison oak when ... a) Your pants have these urishiol black stains on them: And b) You have to wash your iPad in the sink with dish detergent!

OT Kind of -- Daylight Savings Time Issues
Yes, I know this is not a computer group, but the old OS groups are pretty much dead and searching online is not getting much.... FYI, this particular computer uses proprietary software programs in an...
5
5

Electrical Neutral Connected to Ground
I have just discovered that our 120v microwave oven is tapped into the 240v stove circuit. The stove circuit is a two wire cable with ground, and the microwave is connected to one hot wire and the...
32
32

Sorry Conservettes!
Major survey shows gun ownership declining. http://news.yahoo.com/major-survey-shows-gun-ownership-132558989.html