Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: J.D. Powers, 3 Yr Old Vehicle Reliablity Ratings
No mention of Ford or Chrysler... http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dependability.htm
11
11

Problem with fluoescent light
My garage has several shoplights with the older type of fluorescent dual light fixtures, 4 feet long, 40 Watt, thicker than the modern ones. Both lamps went dead. I replaced only one of the lamps...
6
6

GREEN.... MORE GREEN..... ALL GREEN !
It's St. Patricks Day, and that means everything must be green. Your clothing, your food, your beer and your beard. Even your hair must be dyed green. If you're really serious about St. Patricks Day,...

Can an old timer explain car backfires?
When I was growing up car backfires were common. As a kid I had friends who could make it happen at will. Now that the carburetor is long gone, most younger folk have never heard one. Fuel injection...
22
22

redneck chandelier
redneck chandelier Redneck Inventions - Bing images Redneck Inventions - Bing images Redneck Inventions - Search Images
1
1

Garage door springs weakening?
Other than breaking, is another failure mode for garage door springs a weakening of spring tension? Our garage door is a sectional one and my notes scribbled on the inside of the door say I changed...
17
17

Attic devided by foil backed insulation board
My attic is divided by a piece of foil backed insulation board. its only ab out 1/8" thick, but I need to cut a piece out to get to the other side of t he attic to hang a ceiling fan. Don't understand...
7
7

Get your car repaired for FREE.
Your fancy car just blew an engine, and you cant drive it anymore. You have no money for the repair. Here is how to get it fixed FREE. 1. Find a really stupid mechanic. 2. Trade your non-running car...

oil stain in cement, any way to remove?
Is there any effective way to get an oil stain in cement out?
20
20

OT: Vertical Axis Windmill
I had an idea for a new type of windmill. It took a few revisions but I fin ally got the model to work. I think that the panels should extend further out from the center axis to g et more leverage off...
7
7

GFI question
My pool has a Ground Fault Interuptor that has two plugs but also covers the pump, light and automatic cover motors. It isn't currently working. When I push the reset in, there is no click and nothing...
26
26

Wooden Window Sills Repair Question, Please
Hello, Not too sharp with this "stuff" anymore due to age, so would like to ask the following, please. Thought it would be a good idea to try and learn something about this prior to call in a...
4
4

Do you have experience with old glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup)?
My off-brand 41% glyphosate concentrate (aka Roundup) was sitting outside since last year (I just found it, where I last left it). Two quick questions: 1. Anyone have experience with roundup...
6
6

Beneful dog food.........
Follow the money . 'Nuff said .
58
58

i need help bad
I just got my house to find that the whole center beam is rotten and all I have is a crawl space so I have to replace the whole beam its to rotten to jack it they are 2x10 borads on 4 concrete pillars...
24
24