Subject Author Posted Replies

OTish What kind of electric razor is best?
What kind of electric razor is best? How often do you change the blades?
30
30

OT: Auto Shopping
I'm shopping for a specific car to the point I'm willing to travel out of state. Therefore, my searches will bring some interesting concerns and one in particular is a car which was sold at an...
67
67

A funny and easy April Fools prank. All you need is a rubber band!
I like the computer mouse one. harmless enough. Some of those are just plain evil.
2
2

Google is BACKWARDS today
This is an April fools joke that really works. GO TO: http://com.google

New tool available
Seems that most anyone here will find this a very useful hand tool. I expect delivery of mine soon.
1
1

what is this tool?
Found this in a thrift store and no one around here can identify what it is. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email...
10
10

April 1st and...
my house played a joke on me. Picked up a 50's style lighted medicine cabinet at an antique store and finally replaced the cheap piece of junk that was there. After it was all put in I realized I had...
5
5

DIY Tips To Mend Cracks In The Foundation Walls.
Noted that our basement is having damp walls and there are some leakage hap pening through the foundation walls. Checked and found few cracks, in the f orm of step along the bricks, on the walls and...
14
14

Patching holes in a steel entry door
The previous owner of my home mounted curtains on the front entry door. I took them down because they looked so bad, but now I have empty screw holes where the screws were for the brackets. What would...
23
23

(OT) I'm confused - regarding Ebay
Why is it, that an Ebay item which is a "BUY IT NOW" will say something like "10 people watching". I can understand this on a "bid" item, but why are they watching the item if they could have already...
68
68

What would you use to seal this crack in a homemade manzanita walking stick?
What would you use to seal this crack in a manzanita walking stick? Would you just cover the crack with a wrap of leather string instead? BTW, I tried Elmers white glue (with sawdust) which just...
35
35

Home Heating Oil
My son has swithched to a Pellet Heating insert, for the majority of heat. He has a boiler, that had supplied Both his home heat as well as his hot water. He is now using FAR less " heating" oil. That...
12
12

garage door opens on its oen.
My garage door keeps opening on its own... what can i doto stop it. it opens 2 to 3 times a day. please help.
7
7

call blocker device suggestions?
Enough is enough. My wife is getting upwards of 10 calls daily where no one is on the line when she answers. We have caller ID and it shows numbers never heard of before. For about 4 years, we've both...
167
167

Checking for burning smell
How's the best way to find out if there's any wiring that might be overheating inside a wall? For the last few months, I have been waking up once a week or so between 4-5am smelling what smells like...
10
10