Subject Author Posted Replies

sewer backup
Friends house fixer upper drains plugged. Must be a septic system. No basement. I don't think there is a crawl space but I'll find more info. I suggest wait and see if any drains, use roto router,...
3
3

Cement/Concrete patching...who to call ?
my parents had a water leak a while back, and I don't know who made the hole in the driveway who do I call to repair this [square] hole, which is actually an part of the driveway? could a handyman do...
15
15

Using old (ish) ceramic tile adhesive
Hi, I have to tile a bathroom wall. I have PLENTY of ceramic tile adhesive (AcrylPro, from Home Depot) left over from a previous tile job about 4years ago. I checked and it looks and feels just like a...
1
1

Goldfish Murder
APRIL 8--A Florida woman is facing a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly killing her boyfriend?s goldfish by pouring bleach into their tank, according to court records. Ok, I'm sure we all agree...
10
10

painting with a garden sprayer
I went to repaint a shed with half a can of latex paint that had been sitting 30 years. After 100 square feet I was tired and quit. Today I decided to try my pump-up sprayer. Not having to keep...
16
16

Adapt a snow blower to rototiller or vice versa?
Especially true since neither is super expensive like some farm equipment, for example.
11
11

Concrete steps repair/replace
This is for a friend. He needs to repair or replace the outdoor concrete front steps shown in the photo below. He may need to have the whole thing removed and replaced, from top to bottom, including...
12
12

Brake retarders may not be used in this town
Brake retarders may not be used in this town, said the sign, just as I started to go *up* a small hill. The small town is in a slighty hilly part of Pennsylvania. It's industrial area is dominated by...
16
16

A simple, insulated coffee mug?
Several years ago, maybe 10 or so, Cuisinart sold a coffee maker that came with no carafe, but instead had two insulated mugs. Over the years the first, then the second mug's seals failed. I liked the...
25
25

200A Electrical Panel with 150A Main Breaker and 150A Feed. Is it Legal?
I need a new electrical panel. One electrical contractor looked at the existing feed and said that he could pull 150A wiring through the existing pipe and change the main breaker in the 200A panel to...
17
17

Most durable wood floor paint?
Hi, We manage a local community beach house: many people with wet feet and lots of sand walking in/out, and tables & chairs being moved around alot too. The floor is painted wide-plank wood flooring...
34
34

OT Current terrible deafness plague!
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud...
8
8

in praise of pump-up sprayers
Until recently, my only pump-up sprayer was a Chapin from the 1990s. I had to recharge it every couple of minutes because it didn't seal well. I had to keep cleaning debris out of the spray tip. The...
10
10

Advice needed on separating utility bills
Contemplating adding an ADU (Accessory Dwelling Unit) to an existing reside nce in Portland, Oregon. In California this was called a "Mother-in-law Ap artment". Unit to be in basement. Main floor...
17
17

OT - credit card upgrade question
Got a note today from one of my card providers. They will soon be sending me upgrade, a card with RFID chip. They say that the chip will provide a unique transaction ID number for each purcahse, which...
139
139