Subject Author Posted Replies

trouble with polybutylene
My house had some of the plumbing replaced with polybutylene 30 years ago. A couple of years ago, I found drips at a couple of elbows under the house. I put a pail under on so I could monitor it by...
5
5

Sliding door finally installed
If you read here regularly, you may recall last December is asked about sliding glass doors and I ended up ordering a Marvin French slider. About the time the door was due in, the weather turned cold....
2
2

Whirlpool "Heavy Duty" top loader washing machine - door switch?
You don't need the lid switch. Bypass it, and then you can throw in more clothesw and soap without the machine stopping. Just don't put your hand in there, esp. during the spin cycle. If you reallly...
11
11

Hair elastics for home repair
Dollar Tree has hair bands, and hair elastics. For home repair? Yep. The large ones are good for holding shop vac filters on. The smaller ones are good to hold the LRT on spray cans. And many other...
8
8

Wall repair question
So I posted a few hours ago about my puppy chewing up my wall and was asking how to fix the hole. I figure I would give more detail about it now that I have a better idea of how to explain the wall...
17
17

Need DIY wall repair for puppy damaged wall.
So my puppy decided she wanted to tear up our walls instead of her chew toy s, we are going to be moving out in a month and I need to repair them. Howe ver, the walls are not the normal drywalls, it...
7
7

Furnace Starting Question
I have a ~ 12 year old Carrier gas furnace. Most recently (at least it occured at the end of the heating) it has failed. It will begin to start, then ~40 seconds later automatically shut down. It does...
1
1

Where to buy greenhouse with vaulted ceilings?
I give up! After spending hours searching and all I get are pictures of standard greenhouses and/or listings for homes at $98 million dollars in the Hamptons that happen to have some type of...
4
4

fuse guide
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11156286_760092387421587_6652811641078471448_n.jpg?oh=64f90ddebb20012075328888c98d350d&oe=559BB2D5...
2
2

Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3 inches?
Have you ever dealt with a dirty water pump that just wouldn't drain the last few inches? Is there a simple solution? I bought a 1 HP Harbor Freight 69300 dirty water pump to drain a green pool but it...
16
16

Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?
At a deli, they use a special meat slicer, but, is there something affordable we can use at home to slice luncheon meat thinly? I have my sister and her kids staying with me for a few months (don't...
73
73

Help - Im stuck inside my truck engine
I was looking down the intake manifold while my Mack truck engine was running, and I got sucked into my engine. Im inside one of the cylinders and that damn piston keeps hitting me in the ass. I think...
4
4

LED Bulbs 2 for $5 at Home Depot
Three month promo. These bulbs will be 2 for $5 starting next month at Home Depot: A new 60-watt equivalent LED bulb from Philips could be what finally convinces you to upgrade your lamps.
9
9

Police Dash Cam Captures Waves Causing Transformer Sparks
ItemFix - Social Video Factory

OT strange charity calls
OT Something that makes me suspicious. Should it? I just got my second call today, and my fourth in about 3 weeks, from someone saying they would have a truck in my n'hood next week and wanting to...
32
32