Subject Author Posted Replies

How a Lock Works...
Here's a pretty good animation I came across which can be used to show your non-techie friends and young kids what goes on when you push a key into a cylinder lock and turn it. Jeff
6
6

OT Where to work
I was talking to my nephew about where to suggest he find a job. He has said he doesn't want to have to do anything demeaning or undignified (My guess is he doesn't want to do anything......period). I...
17
17

snake
I have no hair to speak of, it's all the fault of my wife. There is a 90 degree bend where it all seems to accumulate. The next sink on that same run never has a problem. Anyway, the snake was sure...
16
16

What is .875 inch as a fraction?
So to fractionate .875, I'd enter .975? I have so much to learn. - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . . . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
11
11

"Rubberized" Pellets Or Chunks To Put Under A Kid's Swing Sert ?"
Hi, Want to put some kind of protective material under a kid's swing set. I remember reading about, a long time ago, a rubberized material, sold as pellets or chunks,that is suitable for outdoor use....
6
6

Hats Off !!!
Todays' folks are in too much rush in every thing all the time.
29
29

Electrical code question
waste disposal, I was told that I could have simply run a three wire cable (still 2 breakers) from the panel box and fed the appliances separately. its a one time expense, so a little extra now doesnt...
60
60

OT: Roof Rack Accessory Install, Trying To Fool Mother Nature...
I am installing a roof rack accessory that Thule calls "Hullavator" It is, of course, designed to be installed on Thule 1.25" x .75" cross bars. My setup uses 1.25" crossbars and there is about 5...

fiberglass tub sinks around drain
Lay a layer of poly on the floor before foaming it, and the tub comes out like butter.
8
8

Will a microwave oven beep for eternity?
Will a microwave oven beep for eternity? For me, beeping microwave ovens, as well as "door ajar" beepers in cars, and anything else that keep beeping, is one of the most irritating things in life....
7
7

Using a Powerful magnet to remove Nails
I've always wondered if it's possible to use a very powerful magnet to remove nails from lumber? I'm sure that the magnet would have to be a really strong electro-magnet, such as the ones they use to...
33
33

Retain wall and french drain question.
I see lots of references to installing a perforated pipe French drain system behind retaining walls. Usuallying laying the pipe behind the first course of block. Usually the block is level so as to...
3
3

Stealing cat food!
Recently some doves and martins have begun stealing dry cat food set out for the outside cats. Evidently the cats are AWOL too often - probably searching for new SOs at the neighbors. Maybe a 'No...
3
3

OT: Cutting the Cord
I'm taking the plunge to eliminate cable TV due to the ever increasing cost and also since all shows can be watched on Hulu, Netflix and the shows website for starters. The only event I am unable to...
16
16

plumber putty went bad
while the cat is away the mice are playing. i.e. the leaky sink got torn apart and the old piece of crap faucet is gone. perhaps i should have looked first as i went shopping for a replacement i ended...
3
3