Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas power washer from Lowes
I have a $350 5 year old gas power washer from Lowes. I used it maybe twic e. Whenever I start it, it revs up, but then dies down 10 seconds later. I cleaned out the carborator and changed the spark...
3
3

zurn-wilkins 975xl 1 inch repair
I am looking for this test cock I went to Home Depot and verified that the two ends are : 1/8" Male Thread X 1/4" Female Thread. It disassembles where the inside has a 3/8 fine threaded nut facing the...
2
2

Electric pressure washer?
Are they OK for light use or a waste of money? I'd not use it often so having a gas engine to care of could be a potential PITA. I want to clean siding, outside of gutters sidewalk and steps. Price of...
22
22

Home thermostats.
Has anyone ever seen a heat / AC thermost where you set the temperature you want for heat or cool, and the thermosts automatically switches between heat and cool depening oon outdoor temperature? I...
9
9

Do you ever get "permits"?
Do people really get permits for all their projects, or am I and my friends alone in never asking for a permit unless the change is hugely visible outside?
58
58

Car washing
Went to Walmart last Saturday and thought I'd get one of those hose/brush attachments for washing cars. Found only one, with a whirling brush. No price. Found a place to scan it. $25!!!! Back to a...
3
3

Power everything has been running
I did not put OT since this is related to home ownership. The three day holiday has had very few quiet moments during the day. Off and on from about 8 AM to 5 PM there has been some engine running....
16
16

Pool multi-port valve, turn handle in one direction?
Here's a question for those of you with experience with a pool multi-port valve. I've been having a debate with a friend who says you're only supposed to turn them in one direction otherwise it will...
13
13

Running black pipe for natural gas under the deck above ground
If I want to set up a pool heater... ...and run 1" black pipe from the basement to the outside, under the deck, above ground... Generally no problem, with black pipe above ground, right? MM
3
3

OT Elder drivers
Maybe someone here can help me get serious advice. My step-father is in his early 80's but may be at the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. About a year ago he got a speeding ticket and was totally...
40
40

For Memorial Day
Some historical facts about Memorial Day from the USA Today And some pictures from the Daily Mail, UK. The holiday honors American soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. As...
1
1

Diagnose This Dishwasher Leak?
The dishwasher started leaking while running last night. It appears to only leak during certain cycles. The water comes from under the dishwasher. The water appears to be clean. Inside the dishwasher...
9
9

What is more American?
With Memorial Day coming this Monday, What is more American? 1. Apple Pie 2. American Cheese Pick one __________
3
3

Built In Gas Grill No Name Help
Have a grill that the knobs have melted at the stem can't find replacements because the diameter is about 1 7/8 and overall length is 2 3/8", any one have any ideas?
3
3

How to get Square water thru Round pipes
I would think that the water would flow through round pipes just fine, if you double the power of your water pump. Otherwise, machinists have square steel tubing and they would be happy to thread the...
1
1