Subject Author Posted Replies

Empty clogged hot water heater
I have a hot water heater on the third floor which still has water in it because a hose at the bottom only let a few gallons out. The spigot has a bend such that a coathanger was shoved in and out a...
9
9

High quality tools
I was using these tools and I appreciated the quality of them. I know they are at least 25 years old. What do you think?
6
6

Re: Best glue for clear plastic refrigerator drawer
Probably methylene chloride, or GOOP. Greg
8
8

Capital One, no thanks.
Capital One, no thanks. I don't think I posted this before. For years Capital One has advertised No Foreign Transaction Fees, so before my last trip abroad, I got a credit card from them. I used the...
43
43

Which cell tower am I connected to
There are apps which report the exact cell tower that you're connected to at any given moment but which of the identifiers that these apps provide tells me the exact cell tower and sector antenna...

Refrigerator malfunctioning
This is a big GE side by side , computerized controls . The fridge side is too warm , and the flap that regulates the temp is closing before the compartment is cold . I'm wondering if it's the...
4
4

OT. Gas Prices.
From AAA. <> AAA Gas Prices AAA Gas Prices
15
15

Waffle House Index
An informal measure of storm damage is the Waffle House Index. Is the store open? If so, does it have plenty of food? It's on the long list of things I'd never heard of. I'm not familiar enough with...
1
1

Bradshaw's Ranch for Sale
Terry Bradshaw has his Oklahoma ranch for sale. 744 acres, $22.5 million <> A square mile is supposedly 640 acres for perspective. It's actually about 620 3/4 acres of farm ground after one takes out...
5
5

Florida Housing
I imagine houses are built a lot tougher than the ones here in Nebraska. The news people are saying the storm is as wide as the Florida peninsula. We get tornadoes but the chance of one hitting x spot...
4
4

Twin and earth or flex?
Why do we use twin and earth when flex is only 10% more expensive and a lot easier to connect and route and won't snap if it's bent too often?
9
9

Home repair nightmare
Nightmare, staying one night with a couple I did not know. They were going to fireworks but she mentioned the bathtub didn't work well. After they left, I was rewiring it, but it required climbinng on...

Texturing a wall board in Manufactured home.
Has anyone done a spray on texture using a hopper gun on a previously painted wall board like Masonite? The paint stuck and now I'm wounding if drywall compound can be used to finish.

gluing DIY waterproof paper labels to plastic mailbox?
Just picked up a new mailbox but did not have the letter and number set like I thought it would. I would like to try printing and applying these myself. I have waterproof paper and similar things...

Used FedEx 2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 Diesel govenor & keys
A friend of mine bought a used FedEx 2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 turbo diesel which he asked me about but I know nothing about German vehicles. He wants to remove the 67 mph engine speed governor and...
12
12