Subject Author Posted Replies

Mower Engine making exploding sounds
I just got a MTD garden tractor/mower. It hasn't been used for several years, so it needed a new gas line, and some tires replaced. But the 12.5 HP Briggs engine fired right up. This engine is missing...
7
7

how to preserve p v c pipe
I want to make an arch out of 3 p v c. It will stay outside for serveral years and be exposed to all of natures elements. What if anything can I tre at it with to keep it from getting brittle and...
7
7

Stihl chainsaw...
Chainsaw starts, but the chain does not turn. The chain is not over tight and is on the sprocket. Could it be the clutch or the auto-brake? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
8
8

kenmore elite dryer not heating up. model #11062062100
I replaced the following parts thermst, cutoff, thermal fuse, thermistor. Plugged unit up, it ran for just under a minute. It cut off and E2 flashes in the display window. btw I checked the heater...
3
3

Those Goddamn Chainsaws
I've probably bought at least 30 chainsaws over the years. Many were at auctions or garage sales and needed work. Some of those I was able to get running, others became boat anchors or got sold at our...
23
23

NPT and BSP 1/2" Compatibility
I know that the thread shape is different but I have read various reports that for 1/2" that BSP and NPT are compatible enough for government work. Anyone have any experience with this? The issue is...

How to oil, qiet fan?
I needed my 7" fan for something else (They don't seem to sell 7" AC fans these days.) so I got out one of my father's fans for use at the computer. It's a Bersted 1250R "Zero" model, made by McGraw...
7
7

(OT) Bottled Water Recall
Bottling Company Voluntarily Recalls 14 Brands of Water Due to Possible E. Coli Jun 22, 2015, 3:56 PM ET Niagara Bottling is issuing a voluntary recall due to concerns that one of its spring sources...

New paint formula
Looks like paint has been re-formulated for low VOC. When the interior of my house was painted 15 years ago, I tried something new and kept the exact number for the paint (Mautz), so I could get a...
7
7

Linux? Why Even Bother?
Walmart, Dell, IBM and others have tried to sell Linux desktops and all ave failed. Linux was the first on the shelves for netbooks and yet when Windows versions were released months later the Linux...
21
21

Why Linux Sucks. From A Layperson.
I'm an ordinary Jack and my opinion is that Linux sucks. Why? Too many different Linux(s). Example: I subscribe to a provider that offers free VPN services so as to limit the data sent to NSA. Not...
9
9

OT?? PInk flamingo creator dies
From the Boston Herald: Don Featherstone was 79. http://tinyurl.com/prdgxxd
5
5

Moffat/GE wash machine brown stuff
HI, Recently brown stuff almost molasses like has flowed out from where the agitator meets the tub. It splays out while spinning making marks on the basin like spokes on a wheel and stains any items...

Honeywell wifi thermostats
Anyone have any experience? I cannot find a user forum that might answer post installation questions, and Honeywell's site just says how great it is and how to install.
27
27

OT pups running for dinner
I wish they would have given them different colored collars. I don't think it is the same one swinging long every time. Actually one comment says that one collar is red and the other is blue, but I...