Subject Author Posted Replies

Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires
Any ideas? How deep do 110 volt wires need to be buried?
49
49

trouble with recent emergency battery, inverter, car set up
I had a recent power outage that lasted for 3 days. Not having a generator on hand, I decided to try using what I did have for short term power purposes. The items consisted of the car, 500 watt...
75
75

Brake light goes on.
OT? My 2000 Toyota Solara convertible started displaying the Brake light on the instrument panel a few months ago. It wasn't a parking brake problem. It would go on for a couple minutes and then go...
17
17

Need Ideas to Attach Pet Gate to Window
I would like some tips on installing a car pet gate inside a small recessed window at home. Please see the following pics of the pet gate. The pet gate is 9.5" high, 1/8" thick and is expandable to...
10
10

Constantly deflating wheels on wheelbarrow and wagon.
The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are not used frequently. However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my wheelbarrow deflate regularly after...
11
11

Black and Decker lawn mowers, water-proof, water-resistant?
A good thing about Black and Decker electric lawnmowers, at least mine, model 875, is that the plastic cover has no holes where water can get on the motor. AFAICT, if you leave it out during the rain,...

Pool pump problem
Any experts on pool pumps? D/t the VAST amounts of water, the pump's GFI keeps popping. The other things like the pool light, auto cover and the plugs are working so I know it is only the pump. I am...
3
3

Robot bricklayer
There are several articles about a bricklaying robot that can build a house in two days. This particular one is from Engadet. I was picturing smaller bricks than what the machine is apparently laying....
4
4

Weed Whacker string fuses to iteslf
Or do something creative like google the model number... .065 is the smallest diameter readily available.
8
8

OT Call services
See if this will work. Is your phone digital and allow simultaneous ring? Works great and its FREE Stop robocalls and telemarketers with Nomorobo
3
3

Plumbing obstacle free to street, but some drains still slow, glugghish
Is that a vent problem?
5
5

Mower Engine making exploding sounds
I just got a MTD garden tractor/mower. It hasn't been used for several years, so it needed a new gas line, and some tires replaced. But the 12.5 HP Briggs engine fired right up. This engine is missing...
7
7

how to preserve p v c pipe
I want to make an arch out of 3 p v c. It will stay outside for serveral years and be exposed to all of natures elements. What if anything can I tre at it with to keep it from getting brittle and...
7
7

Stihl chainsaw...
Chainsaw starts, but the chain does not turn. The chain is not over tight and is on the sprocket. Could it be the clutch or the auto-brake? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
8
8

kenmore elite dryer not heating up. model #11062062100
I replaced the following parts thermst, cutoff, thermal fuse, thermistor. Plugged unit up, it ran for just under a minute. It cut off and E2 flashes in the display window. btw I checked the heater...
3
3