Subject Author Posted Replies

stucco/plaster/mortar for exterior?
I'm performing maintenance on an old structure (70+ years old). This structure has a type of tile I've never seen before. The idea I have for sealing the outside is to apply something like plaster or...
21
21

same prob, diff outcome
i had exact same prob. so i reversed wires and the cold works but the hot doesn't - now what?
2
2

July 1st
Here in Milwaukee it's 57 degrees all I can say is:

OT.. Old Beats New
An F16 fighter from the 70s whips an F35. From the Dail Mail: The U.S. military's new F-35 stealth jet was outperformed by the F-16 model in a dogfight over the Pacific Ocean, despite the fact it has...
1
1

Gorilla glue
As for gluing, I feel that nothing beats Gorilla glue. However... When it gets to half full, it always starts to solidify. This occurs despite tight capping. I know it is activated by humidity. I...
15
15

OT How To Use A 'Fake' Credit Card To Protect Yourself From Hackers
You would think that would cause credit card numbers to be used up pretty fast. Those should come with 5 sets of digits and/or letters. Boston-based privacy firm Abine says its randomly-generated...

Toilet tank cleaner tablets
I was looking at the directions on my "The Works' toilet bowl cleaner tablet that is to be put in the tank. Lots of precautions. It makes these seem like very dangerous to handle and use. I checked...
13
13

Capacitor spec's, choosing replacements...
I know there are some electronics guys here; I'm a nukeE by training w/ not much other than a basic circuits kinda' electronics background so am outta' my knowledge area here... Had an old ('69...
25
25

If a fly gets in the house...
Now that summer is here some of us may be faced with a fly getting into the house from time to time. After wasting a lot of time trying to chase one down to swat it... I realized they are photo-tropic...
1
1

Is the Greek crisis going to turn out to be a damp squib?
I understood one of the pundits on Charlie Rose to have said that a settlement is in the interests of both sides: - For Greece: on the Drachma, things are going to be much harder for the population...
4
4

Monster Garage
Anybody watch this show? I just learned about it tonight. The project was to convert an SUV into a garage truck with the robotic arm. Kind of offbeat, but entertaining. And nice to see something...
2
2

Additional return duct addition cost
I had a HVAC contractor come over and evaluate the loud noise we get from o ur vent in our living room (built in 05). He says the original contractor under spec'd the size of all the return vents in...
21
21

Hot Water Pilot Light, Being Blown Out
Is there an exhaust vent accessory item, that I can install on my natural gas Hot Water heater? Several times a year, the local winds will extinguish our HW pilot. I sure would prefer to have an...
4
4

Brick repointing butcher job
The only question is if it's horrid enough that he doesn't have to and shouldn't give the half-assed contractor a chance to fix it. If someone demonstrates total incompetence, you don't necessarily...
36
36

Best way to dig a 40' long trench to bury wires
Any ideas? How deep do 110 volt wires need to be buried?
49
49