Subject Author Posted Replies

Progress report: Wall paper
I remodeled the kitchen mostly by myself 25 years ago. Since I did not really do a great job and it lasted 25 years...that's not too bad. Since I'm now 66 years old this will be the last time I...
16
16

OT: Email attachments
Good point and thanks for the reminder. I'm focused on sending a larger file but didn't think about the receiving end. Not knowing what he uses as the email server, I wouldn't know what his limit is....
11
11

Termination
Wikipedia - endless education Google News (or some other aggregator) - just to know what's going on. Slashdot - sometimes interesting tech stuff Fark - fun stories YouTube is great for instruction....
23
23

What stain should we buy to replace what we used to buy?
What stain should we buy to replace what we used to buy? (and why shouldnt' we buy paint?) Newer townhouse n'hoods make every house a different color, so recalictrant owners cant' screw up the color...
3
3

'Worst house in Australia' hits market, unleashing onslaught of interest
'This is the first time the poor condition of a property is a selling point,' the listing agent says.
1
1

Windows 10 alternative
Revive that old pc with Ubuntu Linux at
1
1

Do google group folks see this?
I have heard from someone that my posts do not show up on Google Groups. True? It may be because I sent the "no archive" bit and google never forgets so they just ignore the post.
1
1

Creosote and railroad ties
micky posted for all of us... Ever smell creosote? It doesn't mix will with BBQ and is poisonous and gooey.
7
7

Don't let your wife buy a shower curtain
We ran out of things to do in the house (kitchen, 2 bathrooms, bedroom etc) She bought a swing at the boat show and we had to add a 200 sq/ft covered deck to our 2300 sq/ft screen cage.
14
14

ot: the justice system
In light of a recent discussion, it's made me wonder if people even believe in the justice system any more. Why has social media taken the place of real justice? It makes me sad the direction our...
8
8

Owner's Manual for Oreck Canister Vacuum Model BB-280D (2023 Update)
I need the Owner's Manual for Oreck Canister Vacuum Model BB-280D hand-held vacuum. Anyone know where I can download it? I sure can't find any site. Thanx J
6
6

HDD LED panel (bezel) lights
Since no one is selling HDD panel lights, it looks like I'll have to make my own. Here's the thing, I don't want those leds to stick out like a sore thumb on the bezel. what's the best way to do this?
13
13

what type of glue for scale lining?
I have a digital scale (the kind you weigh your self on). The footprint lining is curling up on the edges. I keep it in the bathroom, so I gather some of the humidity caused to the glue to disappear....
7
7

fix broken PVC pipe
Compression. Sounds like it takes a lot of strength. Or air pressure.
31
31

Dirty hot water
Odd thing happened yesterday. Preceding it, I noticed the kitchen sink faucet was leaking a little so did what I've successfully done in the past - turning each faucet on and off firmly about 50...
9
9