Subject Author Posted Replies

dry time for concrete footing
We are pouring 3 ft concrete footings 2 feet deep so 3'x3'x2'deep footings I was wondering the dry time would be approximately before we can put load bearing posts on the footing This is for opening a...
5
5

Harbor Freight tool did a nice job
I got a call yesterday, to secure some sheet metal that was a safety hazzard, on a door. Entirely to my surprise, the reality was just about what had been called in. Most times, the customer complaint...

A different perspective for the I HATE PALMER crowd
Take the time and read this. Pass along to all your Cecil the lion cryers. By Glenn Kendall Family, friends, colleagues and fellow hunters along the endless Safari trail, these thoughts of mine come...
16
16

Grass / Weeds growing between patio blocks
Last summer I put in a small patio, using 16" pre-cast blocks. I put sand under the blocks, and it's remained pretty level. But due to it's location, I have had muddy water run across it after heavy...
43
43

No, this is not possible.... Lawn Mower issue
I bought this new "Weed Eater" brand mower about 5 years ago. It's been fairly reliable, once I got rid of "safety crap", like the grass exhaust chute cover that caused it to plug up all the time, and...
3
3

Counter from Home Depot
I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot and the only option they have is to use their installer. They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer...
20
20

Mow your lawn without gas, electricity, or your muscles!
Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity. Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER" Forsale Lander
5
5

Where can I buy a Prefabricated Post Hole?
Where can I buy a Prefabricated Post Hole?
9
9

OT: $10 DIY Roof Rack Cross Bars
I may need some extra cargo room when I move my daughter next weekend, so I bought one of those soft car top bags just in case. It requires cross bars for the roof rack. I didn't want to spend ~$90 on...
1
1

how long do electric water heater elements last?
Are they supposed to be changed preemptively after so many years, but before they fail?
27
27

Home Depot rant
The lumber yard in my small town just went out of business and it will be missed. I needed some new interior hollow core doors that I normally would have bought at the lumber yard because their prices...
7
7

OT: buying cars
I read it was OK to ask about other stuff here if I put it to OT first, so here goes. I recently test drove a Fiat 500L and loved it, but then I went to looking for customer reviews, and all I'm...
195
195

Sun-proof pails?
How can I tell if a pail's plastic material will be safe if the pail is left in the hot AZ sun? Two so far this year two have fallen apart for this reason. What ever happened to tin pails? TIA
3
3

I'm having lawn problems.
What sort of fertilizer should I use when I repair my lawn. Do I need grass seed too. Here's a photo. Any help is appreciated. Deadly storms swept through New England on Tuesday, leaving thousands in...
3
3

Headlights oscillating
Could be worn out/sticking brushes in the alternator.
35
35