60" SXRD Rear Projection Television KDS-R60XBR2 opinion wanted

Went to Circuit City and looked at this TV. The picture was fabulous. I would like to know if any of you have this TV or what are your opinions of it are. It is supposed to be the top of the Sony line in rear projection HDTV's. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
will

Hi, Think lamp replacement sooner or later. I am fan of PDP at present.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
John W

Reply to
John W

Reply to
bigjim

As far as just picture goes, my opinion is that the Sony Bravia TVs far surpass the quality of any other TV's picture. Incredible color and sharpness.

Reply to
KLS

These are direct view LCD, and big improvements are coming out this year in all major brands, according to samples and releases at the CES trade show this month.

Reply to
EXT

Don't worry about lamp replacement, it is a customer installed plug in module, about $400.00 but I am still using the original bulb with over

11,000 hours on it.
Reply to
EXT

Got one that is 2 years old, great picture, a little weak in the black areas of the picture, but that is common with micro LCD rear projection. In high-def picture looks like a photograph. Biggest picture and best quality at the present time for the buck. Take a look at their brand new 70" version. Unfortunately it is a little deep at 24" front to back. Direct view LCD are getting better and cheaper every month, but 60" and up are still very pricey.

Reply to
EXT

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt