60" SXRD Rear Projection Television KDS-R60XBR2 opinion wanted

Went to Circuit City and looked at this TV. The picture was fabulous. I would like to know if any of you have this TV or what are your opinions of it are. It is supposed to be the top of the Sony line in rear projection HDTV's. Thanks for your help.
will wrote:

Hi, Think lamp replacement sooner or later. I am fan of PDP at present.

Don't worry about lamp replacement, it is a customer installed plug in module, about $400.00 but I am still using the original bulb with over 11,000 hours on it.
I have a 50", and it seemed tome this picture was best too...love it

I have a 50", and it seemed tome this picture was best too...love it

The best picture I've seen.
will wrote:

On 20 Jan 2007 05:04:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

As far as just picture goes, my opinion is that the Sony Bravia TVs far surpass the quality of any other TV's picture. Incredible color and sharpness.

These are direct view LCD, and big improvements are coming out this year in all major brands, according to samples and releases at the CES trade show this month.
Got one that is 2 years old, great picture, a little weak in the black areas of the picture, but that is common with micro LCD rear projection. In high-def picture looks like a photograph. Biggest picture and best quality at the present time for the buck. Take a look at their brand new 70" version. Unfortunately it is a little deep at 24" front to back. Direct view LCD are getting better and cheaper every month, but 60" and up are still very pricey.

Little Will, This is the best TV for the money on the market. If you don't care that it is about 10 inches thicker than a flat screen, go for it. Check out the viewing angles and it's performance in direct sun light because I am not sure how DLP/LCOS sets compare under those conditions.