60% off discount at Home Depot after I asked for the Corporate Telephone Number

Page 2 of 2
Years ago, I needed a manager to sign off, some work I did in a Tops grocery. They had a room full of TV monitors, and a guy who was using them to watch the women shoppers.
Me and JH did some T1 cable extension work in some Sears stores and the loss control folks had a monitor room where they were watching the whole store inside and out. ^_^
TDD
SMS wrote:

Conversely, I sat down on my riding lawn mower for the second time this morning and turned the key.
THE FREAKIN' BATTERY EXPLODED!
That's exactly what it did - it blew up! Scared the bejesus out of me and garage cat who was watching with feigned indifference.
Took the remnants of the battery back to Walmart. "It's out of warranty," said the clerk.
"Forget about warranty," said I. "It damn near killed me and both my neighbors! It's a safety issue."
"It's out of warranty," said the supervisor.
"I'm not making a warranty claim," I repeated. "I'm claiming attempted manslaughter!"
"I'm terribly sorry, sir," was the final word from the store manager. "The battery's warranty has long since expired. I can, however, make a saftey report."
"And just how is a 'safety report' going to affect me in the next five minutes?" I inquired. "I can barely hear you, I have acid burns on my hand, my cat is in the next county, I'm even afraid to be in this sales room with so many potential bombs!"
Presently I left and bought a replacement battery at the auto parts store. I should have asked how often this happens... Anybody know the area code for Bentonville?
Red Green wrote:

Damn near! What with the cloud of smoke, the sulfuric acid fumes, bits of the battery flung all over the place! It was a scarifying experience! Not to mention the psychological counseling that will no doubt be required for garage cat.
I would have settled for a little empathy and a modest monetary consideration. Something like: "I don't blame you for being agitated. Had it been me, I'd have had to change my drawers. How about I give you five dollars off on a replacement, seeing as how this battery is out of warranty?"

That's what happens when you over charge the battery or try to jump start it with your pick up..Batteries don't just explode on their own..It requires stupidity on the part of a human or mechanical failure on the charging system....Blaming Wal-Mart for your mistake or other mechanical failure is dishonest...Glad they saw thru your ruse as that drives up the cost to the rest of us.....
benick wrote:

I didn't overcharge the battery. It wasn't hooked up to a charger, another battery, or a water faucet. It just sat there, maliciously planning the exact time to extract maximum toll on an innocent user. Then, at what the battery perceived to be the best time, it ATTACKED!