60 Kg in 3'x1' area unacceptable floor loading?

hi, my son is into lifting weights, which he keeps in the corner of his bedroom in a space 3 feet by 1 foot. over the years he has been given weights by people and the total weight of them all is now 60 Kg.

our house is a terraced house built in 1938 in north london (u.k.). i worry that this is too much weight in such a small area, and a strain on the wooden flooring, but he does not think so. am i right to worry about this, please?

Reply to
JWH

60kg? in a 3x1 ft area? Sounds like eqivalent to me standing in that corner- and I'm not heavy. I hope your floor could handle that. Sure you're right about that total weight? Not missing a zero, are you? Then I would be concerned.
Reply to
Sev

thanks, now you mention it i weigh 85 kg, so what am i on about? it just looked like a real heavy load with it all laid out there.......back to sleep :[

Reply to
JWH

lol I wouldn't worry at all. What I would worry about is dropping a 25 pounder on the ground or something and having it end up in the kitchen sink downstairs!

Reply to
Mike