Subject Author Posted Replies

OT I probably can't do that
OT I probably can't do that Today I bought some 4" 10-foot treated posts, and then took them to a sawmill to be split down the middle. The owner took one look at them and said, I'm not sure they're...
29
29

OT very, What is the corn doing there?
OT very, What is the corn doing there? Even though they've stopped selling fress corn on the cob at my supermarket (and I suppose the other ones in Baltimore) I drive around the country and see fields...
8
8

Read the label
This is on topic since it involves the misuse of builder's foam: The image showing the woman sitting in a waiting room with a solid helmet of expanding polyurethane foam is believed to have been taken...
1
1

LED bulbs
The 4-foot ceiling mounted flourescent light above the kitchen sink would stop coming on reliably for a few months. I would leave the switch on and eventually it would come on some time later. I had...
24
24

LED shop lights
I just got a couple of new LED shop lights to replace the old F40 T12s that were cranky and did not like to start. The savings in power is significant if you had a lot of them. The LED is about 20...
8
8

Mouse trap
I have a live catch mouse trap rhat has had success only once, long ago. Two mice, probably wanted a snug place alone for some strange reason. Anyhow, despite changing bait regularly, it doesn't work....
2
2

Subzero 550 Fridge Repair
A friend of mine had a Subzero 550 fridge/freezer that is about 20 years old. It has separate compressors for the fridge and freezer. The fridge side is no longer holding temperature. Sometimes it's...
6
6

Can a light fixture mounting plate be the support for the electrical box?
I spent the weekend helping my Dad prepare his house to be put on the market. One of the tasks was to remove the light fixtures from a bathroom. After removing the fixtures themselves, I was left with...
17
17

Wiring&breaker for lighting circuit
Hi. I'm laying out my basement lighting. I expect to have 25 recessed lights, each is 75watt max rating (even though I will use LED, I know I must still assume max rating of fixture)....
32
32

Attery Chargers/Starters
I am considering a Harbor Freight battery charger on sale for $ 29. The specs show 10 A charging current, 2 A trickle charging and 50 A emergency car starting. Will 50 Amps start modern cars? I...
23
23

Garage Door Transmitters - Givaways
I just got through installing two new Sears Craftsman garage door openers to replace the Craftsman openers I installed 30 years ago and were performing intermittently, stopping or reversing when there...
28
28

Oil guy only fills tank halfway, says he hears the whistle
The last two times the oil guy has delivered oil, we tell them to fill the tank. When they leave I notice the tank is half full on the gauge. Our HV AC guy on his maintenance call said the float is...
11
11

OT. Moon Madness (and not a shopping promotion)
Three events Sunday night. Free URL redirection service (also known as URL forwarding). Register a free subdomain name and redirect it to your existing URL! No ads, loaded with url redirect features.

Baseboard pipe in basement: over or under door?
Hi, Finishing my basement and installing a (dedicated heating zone) baseboard around most (but not all) of the perimeter. Unfortunately, I *must* cross an entry door. What's the best thing to do? 1....
9
9

OT Here is some more professional victim BS
?I shouldn?t feel unsafe walking past a building where there were supposedly nooses hanging down, but I do,? student Elexis Keels told The News Journal. ?I don?t think it was paper lanterns.?...
3
3