Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Stormin, git yur gun
NYC radio says ISIS on the roadways of upper New York state.
69
69

That's not a flashlight. This is a flashlight
I hope you wear your sunglasses at night.
7
7

Electro Pak Heating ??
Hello all - I was recently browsing some real estate ads, and saw something called "Electro Pak" heating. See picture #18 at this URL: How does this rate in terms of cost, efficiency, etc.? This is...
6
6

It looks like I have some Very Rare Wrenches.
I'm referring to my set of "Fukung" (brand name) offset box wrenches, which I bought around 1970 at K-Mart. Those made in China (or Taiwan) wrenches have lasted me about 45 years and are top quality....

i just ran out of propane can i hook up a 30lb tank to get thru turkey day
i just ran out of propane in my 100lb tank and cant afford to fill it till next month i have a full 30lb tank can i hook this up via my regulator on my 100lb tank just to get thru turkey day......
7
7

Caulk under bag
I used a plastic bag and duct tape to cover some silicon caulking in the bathtub. I was afraid the tiles would come of because th ebag stuck, but instead (three days later) I see it never dried. I'm...
15
15

Thumping noise after running hot water
I get a pretty loud thumping noise after I run the hot water, eg, after cle aning dishes. The thump occurs maybe once every 10 minutes. I've done a lit tle Google-research, and I understand that the...
10
10

Calcification and "auto-drain" valves
We have reasonably hard water -- municipal well sourced along with CAP. I've plumbed the "outdoor water supplies" (i.e., irrigation and hose bibbs) to use water directly from the municipal supply...
2
2

What hand tool brands are the best quality?
What hand tool brands are the best quality? I'm speaking mostly about hand tools for home and auto repair. Although power tools are somewhat included, I'm mostly speaking of non-power hand tools. When...
27
27

Vacuum packing
There are "specialty" products that can be used to vacuum-pack (e.g.) foodstuffs. But, AFAICT, they all use "special" media to do so -- special bags (that you are now dependent upon for continued use...
21
21

Gravity Filled Toilet Problems
I have a cabin with no domestic electricity (solar and gas generator) so in stalling a pump is not possible. The water is pumped to a holding tank at 18 feet high and then travels by g ravity to 3...
7
7

"Instant Rebate" rather than "Price drop" or "Sale Price" -- Why?
I'm sure other stores do it from time to time, but I can't recall any specific examples now. Yesterday I bought some 2-packs of LED BR30 bulbs at Costco: $14.99 less a $12.00 "Instant Rebate" courtesy...
24
24

commode occasionally runs already replaced flapper still doing it
I have a slight problem where I can hear my commode running. It does this for about 15 seconds maybe 4-5 times a day. At first I thought the flap needed replacing and did that, but still doing it. To...
31
31

Water heater expansion tank conundrum
Over the years I had 6 houses custom built(5 in the city, 1 cabin; county jurisdiction) I used to dialise at home with machine supplied and installed by Alberta health care service until I had...
44
44

AAA auto club
Has anyone in west Texas had any luck with AAA auto club? I'm getting to the age where I'm considering joining in case something happens when I'm away from home. Twenty years ago I was a member for...
61
61