Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Can You Bed Brakes Twice?
Hypothetical situation: Let's say you follow the bedding procedure recommended for the pads and rotors that you just installed. Soon afterwards you have a need to take the wheels off, do some more...
14
14

OT - Micky's scooter
Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the scooter, or just posts to AHR? Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time soon. Sounds like fun. When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the...
10
10

Will other gas filter substitued for gravity-feed filte?
PepBoys has in stock this gas filter, for $5. I can have it tomorrow. I can't tell how big it is -- no specs are listed -- but there is room for a bigger filter than I have now, in my 50cc...
2
2

Electric wire within or "BEHIND" stud wall?
Hi, Finishing my basement. I have 2" foam insulation against concrete wall, with 2x3 stud wall immedia tely in front of that. When I run electric wiring for outlets, am I obligated to drill through...
7
7

charging
When I have a one-amp charger on the battery, and the motor-scooter tail light is on and another light in front, smaller than a headlight, is on, and whatever the ignition system uses when the scooter...
17
17

Wont' start?
I was happy when I started to take the spark plug out and it was loose I could do it with my fingers, but, after checking the gap, putting it in tight didn't make it start any better. Still, the...
22
22

Strange hose
If you found a 1/8" hose connected at one end to the motorscooter carburetor, but couldn't figure out where the other end went, would you plug the hose or leave it open? What if you noticed that the...
16
16

Obese people need to buy two seats to fly
Fatties need to either skip a few meals or buy a double-wide seat and pay an extra fuel surcharge. - - Happy Thanksgiving and pass the gravy and the stuffing please. -
4
4

How long to recharge
A harder question since I don't know how much the starter motor on a 50cc scooter draws: How long does it take a 1 amp charger to recharge what is removed from the battery after cranking for 1 minute?...
3
3

Battery charger only puts out 11.5 volts
Battery charger only puts out 11.5 volts with no load on 10 amp setting, less when on 2amp setting. Puts out 7+ on 6 volt setting. With no load. It used to put out plenty. I've only used it a little...
20
20

motorscooter starts but will not run
motorscooter starts but will not run Finally borrowed a battery and working on 50 cc motor scooter. It doesn't start right away -- kick starting would never work because of that -- but after maybe the...
39
39

sizes of spark plug sockets
" Image result for sizes of spark plug sockets The Craftsman 4 piece spark plug socket set features the following sizes: 5/8 in., 13/16 in., 3/4 in. and 18mm. Each one has 6 contact points." So how...
9
9

CFL current profile.
I put a 75w equivalent CFL on a scope with a current probe, looking at the wave form. This is what it looks like Those spikes are almost 2 amps so this might average 33w but it is not that simple. I...
14
14

Majco GC-550 gas fireplace
Friend of mine recently purchased a house with a gas fireplace. Per the unit label it is a Majco GC-550. Appears this might also be marketed as Vermont Castings, Majestic Products, or Ambient. I've...
1
1

strange mattress
A couple days ago in the trash I saw a mattress, thinner than usual, maybe for a sofa bed (because it had a metal handle at the bottom end), maybe queen size, split down the middle at the top 18 or so...
1
1