Subject Author Posted Replies

connector for MC electrical cable ?
Hi, I'm installing MC cable in my house. It's not steel armored cable, but _aluminum_ clad: ( For the terminal ends of each wiring run, I've read that "Direct bearing set-screw connectors are suitable...
6
6

Electrical hot water heater wiring
I have a 50 gallon electrical hot water heater, and I have read several comments on the web that a cutoff is required close to the unit. My house was built in 1976 and the breaker at the main panel is...
11
11

what can be applied to brass plumbing to make future removal easier?
About to replace my commode flush valve with brass equivalent. What can be applied to the threads to make future removal easier? Thank you.
2
2

OT: free e-mail recomendations
I am looking for a backup free e-mail service, for when ATT/SBCGlobal/Yahoo (these are my current providers, and they seem to all be the same thing) goes down. I want free POP access; I don't need a...
5
5

Where to buy underground telephone wire????
Several years ago, I built a completed a new home on my farm, and moved out of the old trailer house into this home. I require a landline because there is very poor cell service here. I called the...
15
15

(OT) Police car headlights
Last night I was driving down a rural road and was in no hurry. A car pulls up behind me and his headlights are absolutely blinding me in my mirrors. This car is keeping a reasonable distance behind...
31
31

Cant find Small Size Metric Nut Drivers
My Chevy truck has lots of 7mm screws on the interior dash and door panels. My distributor cap has 5mm screws. Fortunately I have a set of metric tips that are intended to fit into a 1/4" driver...
11
11

DISHWASHER WASH ARMS CLOGGED !!
I have a nine year old GE dishwasher. Recently, after it is through washing, I notice dried soap on the inside of the door, and the dishes are not as clean as they used to be. I opened up the door...
19
19

OT: Vacuum cleaner criteria
SWMBO started harping on me, last night, to get a new vacuum cleaner. Old one still "works" but I guess after a few decades of looking at it, she's decided she wants to look at something ELSE,...
37
37

(OT) Keeping sox from going down into boots
One of life's annoyances..... Sox that keep going down into boots. In warm weather I usually dont wear sox, but when I do, it's easy to pull them back up in shoes. But in cold weather, wearing high...
5
5

Phone number shows on TV screen
I went with some friends on Thanksgiving to a bar I never was at before. The bar's landline phone was ringing often, I guess people wanted to know if they were open on the holiday. Anyhow, we were...
13
13

Phone wiring polarity question
On a single home landline: My landline phone quit working this weekend. I knew I'd not get repair service until Monday. I opened the connection box outside and found a broken wire. Then another one...
12
12

LED bulbs not so bad
I've read all the threads on LED light bulbs. Not a lotta good things to say. Directional, wrong spectrum, etc. Me? I like 'em, so far. I have a regular shaded lamp with a CFL in it. Takes at least...
136
136

Kirby Ultimate G bag won't lock into place
It look likes the "mini emtor" is worn and not locking into place, but I don't want to buy the $40 dollar part and it not be the problem. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks, Mike

OT - Can You Bed Brakes Twice?
Hypothetical situation: Let's say you follow the bedding procedure recommended for the pads and rotors that you just installed. Soon afterwards you have a need to take the wheels off, do some more...
14
14