Subject Author Posted Replies

black & decker firestorm power drill
hey all... my B&D firestorm power drill appears to have quit working. I have 2 batteries and they look like they're the problem. anyone know of a good source of cheap batteries for it?
19
19

Auto parts from eBay
A store on eBay has a new starter for my vehicle for $80.00. NAPA auto parts has one starting at $130.00. Do you think buying a starter from eBay would be a good starter? Does anyone have any bad...
57
57

Adhesive Question ?
Hello, Have an older wooden chair with slats in the back. Some have worked loose. Irrespective of what type aof glue I use, the glue will have to fill a 1/16 or so space, as the slats cannot be forced...
12
12

Gutter repair
My house has aluminum gutters. they are attached to the fascia boards with 7" aluminum spikes and ferrules. Many of these spikes have worked loose over the last 30 years and the gutters are drooping....
2
2

Car security problem, sort of
My Nissan came with a 'key fob', a 2.5 x 0.75 x 0.5 inch plastic irregularly-shaped device that has three buttons - unlock doors, lock, & panic. Yesterday somehow the panic button somehow accidently...
13
13

Kenmore Microwave weird behavior
The display panel of our 10-yr-old Kenmore microwave (made by LG, perhaps) was reading backwards this morning -- in English, but from right to left. Unplugging it and plugging it in again solved the...
3
3

(OT) Opinions on Ceramic Cookware wanted
I've been thinking about buying a ceramic frying pan for someone as a gift. You've probably all seen the tv commercials for that Green one which I think is called Orgreenic or something like that....
9
9

I'm holding a conference.
I just got a phone call, answered right away. Probably a recording said, "You are currently the only person in this conference." Even though it was probaly a recording I said, What good is a...
2
2

Follow-up, Battery Charger....it works
Warm day, rain ended, tested charger. No pen or paper, voltages are approximate. On 2 amp setting was about 11.5 volts but after connnected to the battery for a couple minutes, and then disconnected,...
24
24

Antifreeze? Where did it go?
My old van seem to use anti-freeze like it's soda pop. I even had my mechanic check to see if there's a leak somewhere, and he didn't find a leak. So, does it just get used up and evaporate, or some...
51
51

Christmas present question
My sister usually buys me something and mails it to me for Christmas. This year I was low on suggestions and only asked for blue jeans and/or socks so far. Now I will attempt to convince her that the...
20
20

Computer monitor problem
0-year-old Microtec 815C monitor having A/C problems. Yesterday took plug fiddling and source power (UPS) to get the power indicator light to come on. This morning I gave up. Had same problem and...
69
69

Hot Glue Gun for getting suction cups to stick to tile
Why not use a hot glue gun? The stuff sticks until you want to remove it. And when you do, it doesn't cause any damage.

Do Christmas Tree Stands Grow On Trees?
I have to admit, this one was a first for me. I saw a car with a Christmas tree on top, wrapped in the netting from a tree vendor, with the stand already attached. It was one of the PITA stands with...
2
2

OT: Unusual USB "adapter"
I was looking for a "right angle" USB adapter to connect thumb drives to the "stereo" in the car (piss-poor industrial design!) and stumbled onto this: I can't imagine how there could be a need for...
19
19