Subject Author Posted Replies

Just bought house with 1,000 gallon propane tank (is this normal?)
I just bought a house with a 1,000 gallon propane tank owned by the house and property tax is paid on the tank which is a California-only thing I hear. They just filled the tank up to 85% (they...
46
46

hard to remove a bathtub spout?
Is it hard to remove the spout on a bathtub, 36 years old. How tightly would it be on? Chrome-plated metal. Corroded, I'd like to put in a new one, but I don't want to break off the part that points...
14
14

Whole House Humidifier - Disconnected Water Line?
It seems that my home humidifier is not working. Here's what I know: humidistat clicks on Fan runs There is a metal line that I believe is the water flow line that is disconnected and I have no idea...
18
18

Do Termites eat TREATED wood?
Branching off from the "Log Cabin" thread in which termites were mentioned. Where I live, termites do not exist (thankfully). I have always wondered if Termites eat TREATED wood, or do they avoid it?...
6
6

I just can't resist anymore....
Here's the way to do it: Jeff
1
1

Log cabin living????????
That's the title of a show on GAC. Log cabins in Oregon seem to be $400,000 and up. Two, three, or more bedrooms. A bath, or two, or three. The people in those just as well be on another planet than...
26
26

Refrigerators Samsung vs LG
We are looking to buy a new refrigerator and the only two that meed our requirements are either LG or Samsung. French door, max 33" wide. Both models are nice and loaded with features, but the one...
14
14

Dah
.- .-. . , - .... . .-. . , .- -. .-.., .... .- -- ..., .... . .-. ., ..--..
8
8

Water line insulation question
How cold does that split sleeve-type insulation that you slide over water lines protect to? 0? 10? TIA
12
12

[SOLVED] LED bulbs won't turn off in outdoor light/motion sensor base.
Any chance you kciked the unit into "stay on" mode? - many have this as an option. I ran into this with a newly installed unit which stayed lit. That circuit has a wall mounted switch and.. if you...
25
25

(OT) I cant believe it....
A TV commercial is STILL advertising a BLACK FRIDAY Sale..... That ended over 2 weeks ago.........

Nailed it
2
2

Harbor Freight tool alert
Item #69544 3pc wood chisel set. Great buy! $5.60 after your 20% coupon. Been beating on the 1" chisel for almost 3 months doing a basement demolition and remodel. 800 sq. ft. Lots of notching for...
2
2

"Upside Down" Receptacle Installation
The "up" as "on" goes way back to the days of knife switches. The powered line supply entered from the bottom, and you pushed the knife handle "up" to energize the wiring heading over to the monster's...
22
22

OT Store Christmas windows
When I was a little kid, back in the late 30s and early 40s in Chicago, my parents would take me downtown to the Loop shopping district and we'd look at all the extra-carefully elaborately decorated...
29
29