547 Henry Unipro Embossing Leveler

Am remodeling my basement bathroom and am encountering a problem with the flooring. I don't ant to lay the linoleum myself. Contractor wants me to remove existing vinyl tiles or have them tested for asbestos.

Contractor bid calls for 547 Henry Unipro Embossing Leveler. If I install this myself, then he'll lay the linoleum without the tiles being removed. Makes no sense!

Has anyone used this? Is this a DIY product? Anything I need to know before I tackle this?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

even if the tiles do contain asbestos, if you just cover them it won't be released. Only reason to remove is if they are very uneven, this will telegraph thru the new flooring. The proposed levelr will cover the floor to even it out, so no need to remove the old tiles. Get another contractor who isn't BS ing you.

Reply to
hrhofmann

That's my opinion too. But I have a cutoff day of May 6th. My question: Is self-leveling any big deal job to do?

Reply to
Dick Adams