Subject Author Posted Replies

Ariens Snowblower Screw Question, Please: Metric ?
Hi, Have a several year old Ariens Snowblower. Can't seem to find a parts list for it. Question: The bearing blocks on the side plates that hold the Auger shaft Are the screws most likely Metric or...
3
3

Gas Prices and Cleaner Air
I just heard some shocking news..... Since the gas prices have dropped, Fewer people are Passing Gas! That ought to mean we'll have much cleaner air

(OT) "2016 Superbowl Poll"
Just for fun: Tomorrow is the big game. Do you think that all the footballs will be properly inflated? YES or NO If you answer "NO" which player on which team has defective balls? :)
5
5

(OT) How to remove Mineral Oil from clothing
Yesterday I had the vet out for a horse who is having trouble pooping. He gave it mineral oil and left me a jug of it to give the horse today. The horse looks better but the vet said to give the oil...
2
2

Win 7 file save question
I see a lot of posts here whom know more than me so here it comes... I am d/l some files and when I rt click to save as it only comes up as: I presently copy the shortcut which results: I paste the...
14
14

OT: PC noise when accessing a SSD?
My guess would be thermal expansion of the heat sink when it heats up under load. Kind of like the way fins pop in electric heaters (baseboards for instance) when they heat up and cool down. It's...
21
21

I'm thinking of dubling the size of my driveway
I have a single car driveway i'm on long-island Islip township.Will enlarging my driveway to handle 4 vehicles, increase my taxes
12
12

Thoughts on the last snowstorm
Just a few random thoughts after a 9" heavy snowfall yesterday. I was undecided at first, but went to work anyway. Remote starters, heated steering wheel, a good snow brush are better than coffee to...
35
35

A New Leaf....
When SWMBO and I were leaving home this AM (Late for where we were going as usual.) I pulled the car out of the garage and pushed the button on the door opener remote in the car. We watched the door...
37
37

What's a good brand name for Toilets?
What's a good brand name for Toilets? I know they all have good and bad points, but what are some better brands? A relative wants to replace theirs and I told them I'd help install it, but I have not...
24
24

Adding a sink drain to main sewer
Hi, I'm looking to add a sink drain roughly 6 ft. away from a 4" sewer line running under the concrete in my basement. Will the main sewer line be su fficient to use as a wet vent or will a a separate...
2
2

why can't I stop this da** commode from leaking!!!
Alright, after a complete change of the flush valve to brass, fill valve, flapper a few weeks back, this darned commode is leaking again! This is like the umpteenth time it has started leaking in the...
8
8

When construction goes wrong
Construction crane tumbles into the street in TriBeCa in lower Manhattan
1
1

footboard repair
The all wood footboard of one of our beds has been squeaking at the joint where the horizontal board attaches to the vertical post. I tried spraying some silicone in there a few weeks ago to silence...
21
21

Does anyone remember ARCO Graphite Oil?
Does anyone remember ARCO Graphite Oil? (Motor Oil) This oil was real popular in the 70's, then it seemed to just vanish. What ever happened to it? Did you use it? If you did, what was your opinion of...
31
31