Subject Author Posted Replies

Emerson comments about a fine house
A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), Society and...
1
1

Culligan restart
I'm writing on behalf of a friend who purchased a home with a Culligan water softener. Home is about 15 years old. Only markings found so far show Aqua Sensor. At this point she has never touched it....
10
10

Crappy kitchen drawers falling apart
I've inherited my late mother's home. It's a park model home (manufactured housing) and the cheapo particle board drawers are disintegrating. I'm gluing/nailing/screwing them back together. So far,...
2
2

Troublesome floor heater vents
Is there a grating that covers the vent? And, that would have a "lip" around the edge that is "solid" (whereas the center portion of the grate would be perforated to allow air flow). Can you just...
9
9

i Phone cord
Although my wife's iPhone is an engineering marvel, the original OEM charging cables are a POS. If she can get one to last two months, she's lucky. The "pen spring" fix may add a few days to the life....
12
12

Capped !
Yesterday I finished pouring the concrete cap on my basement block walls . Now I can move on to the carpentry part , and I have at least a little experience with that ... But not today , it's going to...
9
9

Fading paint/enamel
Buy spools of ribbon and tie a different color to each bibb. When the ribbon fades simply tie on a new one.
30
30

liquid nails removal
I took out the shower door because it's all moldy and rusty. The bottom rail which sat on the tub edge looks like it was stuck on with Liquid Nails. I've scraped the hell out of it but I can't seem to...
5
5

How much does Vudu cost?
There's not a monthly charge. You pay for what you view. Google play is another service that gives you credits, and even movies for free. They gave me Lord of the rings, X Men, Transformers, Night at...
11
11

Extracting Plastic Screws With Broken Heads?
My vinyl outdoor window blinds are fasten to the siding with plastic screws. After a heavy wind the other night, one of the blinds was blown off because the heads of the plastic screws snapped. I need...
9
9

Telemarketers <sigh>
When people call and ask to talk to Christopher, I usually tell them he was fired for theft, and we've not found a replacement. I'm Bob from the temp agency. Either that, or he died in a plane crash...
59
59

Having an Alzheimers Moment
Which end of the hammer is used to pound in a nail? The end with the wooden stick thingie, or the part that fits in my hand better because its made out of rubber? Only those of you who are *NOT* in...

Wifi problems
I installed a wifi system in my home. It consists of a Tp-link router TL-WDR3500 plus a Tp-link AC 750 range extender. My two desktops connect with cables to the router. The wifi is supposed to cover...
17
17

Getting plaster off concrete
My house was decorated in the 1970's and had a plaster applied around a stove to look like bricks. I removed the stove and needed to get rid of the faux brick. The drywall was easy because I just...
2
2

OT: Movie Magic
I won't even wear a (back/fanny) pack. If I can't hold it in my hands while walking, then it's not worth bringing along (incl hydration). But, then again, I don't "hike" but, rather, "exercise" -- the...
64
64