Subject Author Posted Replies

Group stats?
Yes, but not natively. Requires editing of a XML configuration file. I'm not sure if newer versions have become more capable of being portable since I don't participate in the newsgroup anymore.
12
12

Best way to seal crack in concrete slab?
I think you should just consult a professional about the problem so you could save time and resources while solving it.
9
9

(OT) AIOE Clock Change Problems....
Is anyone else using AIOE? I wont complain too much since they offer their services for free, but I cant post to any newsgroups if I set my system clock to the REAL time. We changed to DLST on Sunday,...
1
1

(OT) * NO SHIRT - NO SHOES - NO SERVICE *
No it doesn't. Why do you want to shield what we are made of?
11
11

Protection by Lightning Rod(s)
On the top of Mt. Whitney, California, there is a stone building, about 12 ft. x 25 ft., festooned with no less than 9 lightning rods. All the rods appear to be connected together, and there are over...
12
12

(OT) Looking for a better Search Engine than Google
Google has really been going down hill lately, as far as their search engine. My point in posting this is not to criticise Google, but rather get opinions regarding what search engine(s) work better....
40
40

Hey Philo
You seem to know a lot about computers ... I've got this olde dual core HP working as a source for the TV with one exception - I am having problems updating flash player . Downloads 50% of the install...
10
10

Ping Trader_4 - GG Issue
Trader_4, Are you seeing multiple instances of the same thread in GG these days? I'm seeing threads showing up with the same subject lines containing only a few posts. It really makes using GG a major...
37
37

Consumer Cellular
I thought I was going to like consumer cellular. I don't use many minutes and thought I wouldn't use much data. Extra minutes were 25 cents per minute. That wasn't the problem. I didn't go over on...
15
15

Hands up who thinks damp courses are a good idea?
Hands up who thinks damp courses are a good idea?
2
2

Stud Sensors: Accuracy ?
I've got Home Depot's fanciest-schamanciest stud finder: "Zircon HD 70". This one claims to find the center of the stud and has a precise-looking display. But I am getting significantly-different...
11
11

Vertical Grab Bar: Only Two Screws?
Rather OT but when my wife became disabled I installed hand grabs and long bars everyplace I could. One was a vertical grab about waist high and at a comfortable arems reach on the wall by the toilet....
18
18

toilet overflow pipe flapper clamp source?
My latest toilet issue is that since I have one of those flappers that slides down around my brass overflow tube, the flapper is having the tendency to creep after days or weeks, creating a leak....
10
10

OT: Is it a full moon?
This newsgroup has gone crazy. Over 300 msgs in a couple of hours. Oh wait - it's Spring break.
12
12

OT: How to run considerably faster
8