Subject Author Posted Replies

weed eater
I have a cheapo Ryobi 725 and when the weeds get too big for the weed eater I stick the hedge trimmer attachment on it. That will eat stiff up to 1/2" or so.
17
17

OT: Amazon Just Got On My "Sleazeball" List
FedEx uses the same system, Smart Post. Makes sense as the USPS visits every house every day so the can go that last couple of miles cheaper than the UPS truck. The post office will deliver Prime...
42
42

(OT) Cellphone App that amazes me
First, no one said installing an app over WiFi was an "ordeal". Second, a provider is most certainly needed. WiFi is a network connection and someone must *provide* that network connection. You don't...
28
28

iOS 4, locked phone
The people in that newsgroup will know.
1
1

OT: Please pass the connectors!
I'm currently working on a YAFI -- Yet Another F**king Interface. I laugh when I read about the interoperability of Federal and local agencies. I've never hit one yet that didn't have their own flavor...
10
10

Spring, when everyone's thoughts turn to...
Here is what I dug up..... Spam is named after a classic skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus, which took place in a diner where everything on the menu had spam in it. During the whole skit, a...
5
5

B&D SPCM1936 mower
I bought the machine new two years ago. Overall I'd say it performs fair w ith the exception of bagging. Here in South Texas the Live Oaks produce pr odigious amounts of tiny leaves. Leaves that for...

Someday has arrived !
A few years ago, a friend needed an electric motor just like the one I had been storing in the basement for 30 years. Got to give my wife a good, "See told you!"
3
3

OT: Win10 won't play DVDs, get the "green screen"
+1, it is a great program.
3
3

OT computer problems OT
It is Adblock Plus. ABC TV won't let me on to see Survivor Ponderosa but it is on YouTube. Can't remember what the site was but I posted one here and someone said they could not stand watching it...
22
22

Carpet Tape
Or, just apply single-sided tape over the residue of the old double-sided tape.
7
7

New oven installation
The code only applies to new installations, not simple replacement of cord and plug connected equipment. As I pointed out, if this was wired with Romex, there should be a neutral and a ground wire in...
15
15

Update on bird feeder
I'll post/let everyone know what happens in about a week or so after the sq uirrels have a chance to gnaw thru whatever they decide tastes good. Sprin g is definitely here in the Chicago suburbs, the...
6
6

OT eye charts
Aren't they worried about road rage? Q: What does a Klingon call a fifty car pile-up? A: Success!
20
20

Running a Garden Hose 16.8 Miles.....
I highly doubt that. It might be humorous to you and me, but given its history, she's serious
43
43