Subject Author Posted Replies

What Is the Purpose of an Open End "Angle" Wrench?
I'm always pleased to find a tool on the road, and doubly so if it's a primo brand such as Snap-On. I just found a Snap-On V520B 5/8" open-end angle wrench, as their web site calls it. It looks like a...
4
4

Coleman lantern
What was called white gas about 50 years and sold by AMCO (think that is the company) was a 'high test' gas. It was not red colored like the 'regular' gas they also sold. Most other gas for cars was...
23
23

OT: Crossposting spam
Some time back, I (and others) were accused of participating in some cross-posted threads. As that shouldn't have been possible given my server's configuration (and I couldn't easily find evidence of...

SUV takes out F-18
Does the Navy have "uninsured motorist" coverage ?
9
9

Built In Refrigerator
What other constraints do you have? E.g., "counter depth"? Are you willing to rework the "enclosure" or do you want a slide-in solution?
3
3

Clothing required for all pets and livestock
That goes back maybe 10 years ago on April 1 Lee Valley has a collection of new tools over the pat 13 years. 404 - Lee Valley Tools
1
1

New Cellphone App - Will save lives and property
Is there an app that pauses the ex-boyfriend who violates his restraining order when he shows up at his ex-girlfriend's home with a gun to shoot her ?
1
1

OT: Chris Abbott
My point is just that I find no attraction to a skinny body like that, especially with a lot of ink.
4
4

Height of water and electric connections for washer and dryer?
+1 Who's to say what the next fad will be?
24
24

Drilling Through Faux Marble?
Per (PeteCresswell): Dremel tool with the little burr-like bit: Coincidentally the right hole size too.... Went through the faux whatever-it-was like a hot knife through butter. I stopped when it hit...
10
10

Screw extractor
To put them back on, I just put them on with half the maximum force I can apply. That way I know I can apply twice the force to remove them later.
66
66

(OT) Do all versions of Windows have START > HELP?
Exactly. And, "which OS" is actually a pretty useless distinction -- for anything more than a generalization ("I drive a Chevy"). Given the preponderence of service packs, updates, etc. the "OS"...
11
11

OT McDonalds spoon
All of those fast food joints are careful not to use the word "milk". It is just a "shake". McD isn't the worst, they use soft serve ice cream. Some of those places use a bag of powder dumped into the...
14
14

(OT) If Someone has a Gun Pointed at You
Words for the Wise . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (In modern day America) If Someone has a Gun Pointed at You. Always Invite them to take a Selfie with you! (Dont forget to say "Cheese")

TV tuner cards
We currently have one SFF PC in the living room that acts as a DVD player (we check out lots of DVD's from the local library -- probably 10-15 per week). It also has SWMBO's daily exercise videos...
67
67