Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas pool heater
Opened the pool today. Turn on the heater, you get the CFH (Call for Heat) message, a click, the SPK (or spark) message and then nothing. However the SPK message stays on. No error messages to give...
5
5

Help Fix Bad Engineered Floor Installation
Due to water damage I had about 2000 square feet of engineered floor replaced. The original floor was affixed solidly to the concrete subfloor with a "one-step" glue down product. I was away when the...
2
2

Fun with Patel
I remember upgrading my PC1 (original 5150) to DOS 2.1 when I added the hard drive and new system board with HD boot bios.
31
31

OT - ETQ generator not starting
Thanks, I'll try disconnect the kill switch. And, yes I agree with you, that spending a lot of time on this disposable unit is a waste of a lot of time. Good project for days with nothing to do.
19
19

(OT) The Cookbook you didn't DARE give your Mother for Mothers Day
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gYSK2mRpL.jpg
1
1

Where can I buy a small quantity of BRASS Carriage Bolts?
Just one example... over $ 2. per bolt ! 64 cents per nut ? Huh. I hope I'm resading that wrong. ... and why wouldn't Fastenal's web page provide a link to the 1/4 20 brass nut that goes with this ?...
19
19

Ever forget the name of a bolt?
If you do, here is a URL for a really good bolt chart in .PDF format. This PDF will remain on my computer for reference. (about 400K)....

Low voltage lighting transformer
The display indicates the *mode*. The problem is, YOU (reasonably) think ON should mean "apply power to load" as if it was a static decision. It, instead, appears that the device regards the...
11
11

refacing a refrigerator...
how many ways are there to reface an exiting refrigerator, to change the look or color
3
3

EMT tool-less connector???
Why are the screws ugly? I think you are referring to the old 50's connectors, where you just dimple the fitting to attach it. I believe they had a special tool to dimple them. When I was doing...
10
10

grass trimmer
Others have mentioned batteries. I just bought a Worx that came with two batteries. About $100 at Walmart. Some other types of tools are being sold without batteries at maybe Home Depot. Check that....
19
19

Happy Mother's Day
To all you mothers on here: Happy Mother's Day! * I wonder if any of you qualify as a mother?
3
3

Refrigerator rollers
It appears (not yet verified) that one or more of the (plastic) rollers under the refrigerator may have disintegrated (or, be in the process of doing so). [I suspect the "webbing" inside the roller...
14
14

Medicine Cabinet with SIX bulb light fixture
I went to a place that resells building materials. Doors, windows, lumber, plumbing faucets, light fixtures, and so on.... I bought a used Medicine Cabinet with SIX bulb light fixture. This is a HUGE...
6
6

Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?
My jigsaw started sparking and throwing out smoke, so I took it to bits, found a shorted coil in the motor, and disconnected it. But it's still doing this (sew video). Is there anything that can be...
55
55