Subject Author Posted Replies

bathroom faucet with interior screen and its shooting water in all directions
2
2

clogged oil tank whistle
Just above my oil tank, the gauge is connected in a red boxlike connection, with the air pipe coming out of the tank. To fix the whistle can this air pipe connection and gauge be disconnected to fix...
7
7

OT ? More W7 updates
Found these 3 in my update list , didn't install any ... KB 3123862 is a W10 precursor , locks you out of some registry settings . KB3139923 breaks update unless a precursor is installed - which...
1
1

OT - E-mail message forwarding problem
No idea what Mail User Agent (MUA) you are using. But, I note that your message, here, was posted as one long continuous line of text. This suggests whatever you are using to post *here* automatically...
7
7

Fwd: herbicide
---- Forwarded Usenet-message ---- From: "Frank Thompson" Newsgroups: Subject: herbicide Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 04:48:36 -0500 URL: news:// what is a recipe for a safe herbicide? Hardly anyone uses...
2
2

OT (Sort Of) - Captured Pinball Woodworking Project
a.h.r relate: I can see how the technique used in this video might, could, maybe be adapted in a home repair situation. Rare, but possible. The concept itself is interesting. In any case, this might...

Appliance cord replacement...
Anybody here know source for the 2-prong plug for older appliance using the 1/2" spacing but 1/8" D pins? All the "miniature" replacements I have found have the 1/2" spacing but are for a smaller...
2
2

carpet cleaning
what can happen to the sub-floor, padding and carpet in a bedroom when the carpet is professionally cleaned 3 times within a 2 week period?
4
4

Anyone using a surge suppressor on their washing machines?
If there is no steel in the foundation, bonded to the lally columns, the beam is not "building steel" and is not an electrode.
99
99

Microsoft is Pushing Windows 10 Hard
I'm sure you know this but for the benefit of others, Classic Shell restores some sanity to Win 10 Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements Classic Shell - Wikipedia Classic Shell -...
7
7

Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue
Most of this video is about repairing a guitar nut, but I share it for what is shown in the first minute or so: The hardness of Baking Soda mixed with Super Glue There are other videos showing the...
17
17

window mount cool/heat air conditioners?
We've been looking for decent heat/cool units for small rentals for poor people. After listening to people on this newsgroup and talking with air conditioning repairmen, I guess we will stay away from...
20
20

Electricians advice needed
That's an odd thing on the terminology. We deal with 3 phase 480. The underground cable we bury is called quad. One wire is marked as the ground from the factory. #4 has all the wires the same size....
37
37

OT Win7 updates
| MS has now issued a rollup more or less equivalent to an SP2 | Anyone considering this needs to be aware that the "rollup" is just a package of updates since SP1 and almost certainly includes...
158
158

Best Buy sucks
I've heard that sign that says "first $50 takes it" signs are even faster.
22
22