500 microns? - then you are a HACK!!

Page 1 of 3
if you only pull 500 microns of vacuum for your customer, you are not getting all of the water out and are going to be making hydrochloric acid for them, so they can buy a new unit from you, Mr. Con Artist.
quit ripping off the customer and change your pump oil or buy a new pump and start pumping with good enough equipment, and for a long enough time, to get down to 50 - 75 microns for an hour.
if you don't understand what the oil has to do with the final amount of vacuum, or don't understand what are "microns" or don't have a precision way to measure them, PLEASE RETIRE, because YOU SUCK, you INCOMPETENT HACK
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

A single stage pump cannot pull a vacuum that can remove moisture.
--

Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
Answer one question on how many units did you work that do run at -85 degrees Fahrenheit and must make -100 yes you can use R-11, R-114 and few others but field person must use what is readily available and don't come telling people what is in book but from your own experience work done. ANYTHING I POST I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT I do not IMAGINE IT I did it I suggest not only to you but to any that read this get some books on ultra low temperature and start reading before you come back to me with some stupid answers that you have no idea of what the heck you are talking about it is bloody disgrace that some of you. servicing air conditioners and nothing ales as long as you being doing this and you think you are expert on refrigeration, with answers and posting you gave if I was to gave you to clean my bathroom I strongly believe that my bathroom would be insulted, and Johnny this does not only pretend to you. You have big company

You aren't the only one who works on low temp refrigeration.
You can't spew bullshit and not be called on it. Cite your sources dildo. Or STFU. There. You've been called on it. Pony up or pussy out.
--

Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*

No I am not you are absulutly right Good luck Dido

So you're going to pussy out I take it?
--

Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
What are these fabulous 'microns' you speak of, and where may I obtain them?
Are they expensive?
I must have some.

don't new a/c installs have to be evacuated to 300 microns? in automotive we use 600 microns, but we also use 0-rings instead of sweated fittings. I'd really like to see the vaccuum pump that will pull it to 50 microns. Chip

" in automotive we use 600 microns"
EXCUSE ME???
WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT "MECHANIC" ARE YOU??
I am in automotive A/C, and we use 50-75 microns vacuum, if you use 600 then you are screwing your customers, and blaming O-rings for your insufficient vacuum is ridiculous, what the hell do you think the seals your manifold gauge set, hoses, and all other equipment are made up of?
you need to be in the special olympics, rather than working on automotive A/C, you stupid retard hack
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com says...

In case this was a genuine question, one micron = 1/25,400 inch.
In the case of vacuums, that's inches of mercury, just like in a barometer.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Ah, an excellent question. A micron is a stone that is mined in South Africa.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
papaya wrote:

Most manufacturers installation instructions say evacuate to 350 microns, then insure that the vacuum holds for at least a minute after closing off the vacuum pump. Their instructions (and their warranty) are good enough for me.
Gentlemen I do not want blow you bobble however I think that you are depending far to much on micron gauge am I? nut no I am not I have been doing refrigeration work guess? for over 40 years and field work since 1969 first good mechanic must visualized ( presume lost of gas) how refrigerant was lost if is on high side or low side if is on high side take in consideration what it will take to fix the leak or problem and go from there on, it could need just half hour or couple hours that determine how long you will keep system open and to get it fix. Low side leak again examined problem was the unit running with no refrigerant in the system or did unit shut down on safety how long was it with out any refrigerant in it, all this things must be taken in consideration, only then you can decide how long you will need to have it on vacuum low side could be from hour to overnight and more if it happen that solid water got into system, first you must purge it with nitrogen (GN2) try to blow out all water as possible then and only then put it on vacuum. Now micron gauge With reading on the gauge of 100 MICRONS YOU CAN STILL HAVE WATER IN THE SYSTEM? impossible I have news for you It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not boils any more. Procedure is to pump system down for couple hours then purge the system with GN2 let it sit for hour with GN2 in it then put on vacuum again this procedure you may have to do few times depend on size of the unit it self. I would also recommend changing of oil "filter drier must" open and clean oil separator if there is one plus add oil filter on return line On POE system oil change is must and do not put clean oil in until you have evacuated system first. and no you are not boiling oil out what you see is oil bubbling you are taken out residue of gas and moisture Good luck Dido say that

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW, no "boiling" is needed.
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem03/chem03598.htm
--
SVL

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low

From Dido

Well, I spose it was rather unrealistic of me to expect an illiterate fuckwit such as yourself to actually comprehend much if any of the information contained within the link I posted, and I guess I might be one of only a few that actually paid much attention in 9th grade science classes.
Still, appreciate if you don't send me anymore email on the topic.
--
SVL

Cite your sources dildo. Or do you just pull shit out of your ass like weasel does?
--

Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*

JEEBUS CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!!!!
This damn place is turning into alt.hvac........