5 gallon gas can vent

They have a flame arrestor inside the spout. Sort of like a screen. Available in different colors for different fuels too, of course.

Thanks
Red = gasoline yellow = diesel blue = kerosene white = liquid oxygen pink = flowers used to fuel the fires of love purple = gold, the fuel of royalty
Feel free to ad to the list, while I'm having fun, here.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

green=potable water
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Green = Oxygen

In a jerry can?
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I don't see any mention of a jerry can until you brought it up.

Look at the subject line.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

The what? Oh I never read them! ;-)
Tony wrote:

I've got a jerry can. It's olive-drab. It's also stenciled on the bottom "3rd Army Sep 44." Somebody put it out for collection on Heavy Trash Day and I liberated it.
Now this little can helped win the Battle of the Bulge, but it's not red. How can that be?
What goes in an olive-drab container? Blood Plasma? Lubricating oil? Anti-freeze (that would make sense)? Insect repellent? Instant eggs? SOS gravy?

Olive oil, of course!
HeyBub wrote:

You've got yourself quite a collectors item there. I've seen people throw away books printed in the 18th and 19th century that were in pretty good shape. It was just an old book, they say. I'm amazed at what some folks will toss in the trash. I found a brand new microwave oven with the manual inside next to a dumpster. It now sits in the shop to warm our lunches.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Yep. I've got "Heavy Trash Day" marked on my calendar.
The evening before I prowl the neighborhood foraging. I've collected some neat stuff, most recently a large, solid wood, butcher-block dining table whose pedestal had come loose (cheesy fasteners plus rambunctious kids is my guess). A few of the right kind of screws, and I'm good to go.
My son found an unused Corvette moon roof ! Sold the thing on Ebay for over $200.
I've got competition, though. Some folks come through looking for discarded refrigerators, water heaters, and the like. I assume they disassemble them for the scrap metal value. The trash people are not supposed to pick up a fridge unless it has a certificate of proper freon disposal attached. The gypsy gleaners don't seem to mind this missing detail.
Fortunately, I live on a busy street and when I put something out - whoosh! I lugged a console TV to the curb with a hand-written sign "Works!" It was gone before I could return with the remote control.
The shortest interval, though, took place when I put out a ghastly (large) oil painting of a Mexican castanet player. There was much tire-screeching, shouts in a foreign language, and fist waving. Gone in twenty seconds.
Anyway, I figure reuse is better than recycle and either is better than landfill.
HeyBub wrote: (snip)

This post alone earns you a lot of forgiveness for some of the other posts you have made here over the years. BTDT, from both ends of the deal.
-- aem, an on-and-off gleaner of the 3rd generation, sends...
aemeijers wrote:

Well, the castanet player WAS painted on an asbestos board...

The can was stolen, you are a thief, the back ops helicopters are on their way.
the battle of the bulge paperwork could never be finalized because of that one missing can.
:):):):):)
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:57:19 -0400, salty wrote:

Where I grew up, green was unleaded gas and red was leaded. 2-stroke was blue, I think. I'm not sure if that's still true, or if the world's standardised the colors these days...
Of course in practice everyone just used whatever can they had handy :-)
cheers
J.
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:40:35 -0500, Jules

http://www.safetycentral.com/depa6gajecan.html
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:52:11 -0400, salty wrote:

Sure - not disputing it for some territories, just making comment that it's probably different everywhere. e.g.:
http://www.thesitebox.com/Category/4597/fuel-can.aspx
... forgot about black for diesel.
I think water containers over there were normally white over there, but I don't know if that's any kind of accepted standard; I remember my grandparents having a pale-blue one for drinking water at their campsite.
Personally I wouldn't rely on any color in any country for water unless I knew what had been in it previously - fuel's not really an issue though, providing the can's empty first :-)
cheers
Jules
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:02:05 -0500, Jules

I agree. Other than Red for Gasoline and Yellow for Diesel, I don't think there is one universal standard. Although other colors may be used for gasoline or diesel, you can pretty much count on any red cans being intended for gasoline and yellow cans for diesel anywhere in the world.
You won't find goat milk in a red jerry can!