5/8inch polished brass towel bar

I am looking for a new 30inch long, 5/8inch diameter polished brass rod to use with our existing towel bar hardware.
With brass, my concern is the quality and thickness of the brass finish.
Any suggestions of reputable place to buy online?
Thanks

http://onlinemetals.com/
http://www.mcmaster.com /
but you'll have to polish & finish yourself
8950K75 Brass Tubing .561" ID, 5/8" OD, .032" Wall 3ft $10
8950K671 Brass Tubing .495" ID, 5/8" OD, .065" Wall 3ft $18
Temp. Range: -40 to +200 F Bendable: No Flareable: No Half-Hard H58 Temper: Moderate tensile (stretching) strength
Also known as Alloy 260, this general purpose tubing is good for air, propane, natural gas, gasoline, and mildly corrosive environments. Use for general plumbing applications and instruments. Made of unpolished low-lead yellow brass (70% copper and 30% zinc). Sterilize with steam (autoclave). Meets ASTM B135, Fed. Spec. WW-T-791, and MIL-T-46072

This is a great reference. My only concern is that the brass rod comes unfinished.
I can always polish with something like Brasso, but how do I get a "permanent" polished finish? (in the past, I have done things like spray with acrylic, but it doesn't tend to give as smooth a finish)
So is there a way for me to give it a "permanent" finish myself, or alternatively, is there a source for such pre-finished rod?
Thanks
here's your answer
http://www.vandykes.com/subcategory/36 /
http://www.vandykes.com/product/02351694 /
send beer or chocolate (dark) covered almonds :)
cheers Bob