4X4 Posts -- Gothic decoration ??

Reply to
nospambob

Home Depot used to sell decorative 4X4 eight foot long posts, with the top end being a carved pointed-dome looking feature (Gothic look I guess). It is a bit hard to describe, but I am sure that many of you have seen them. These posts were very neat for garden posts, to hang flower baskets and birdfeeders off of.

I can no longer find them in any store like Home Depot, Lowe's etc etc. I have looked everywhere that I can think of.

Do any of you know where I might find these posts now ??

Thanks for any tips or suggestions !!

--James--

Reply to
news.individual.net

Try a local fence company.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

Local lumberyard has display of this type of thing.

Ok, great. I will go to your local lumber yard and pick some of them up. Can you give me the address please ?

Thanks !!

Reply to
news.individual.net

Try a local millwork shop. The kind of place where builders buy moldings and doors.

The carved pointed-dome looking thing is a finial.

Reply to
Mike

Very good idea on the millwork shop. I will find one and check it out .

Thanks !!

--James--

Reply to
news.individual.net

Home Dept and Lowes both sell the finials and caps which makes a fine looking post!

Reply to
The Data Rat

Reply to
nospambob

I looked under the Yellow pages for Gothic Posts, and no luck.

I even called the telephone operator and asked her for the Gothic Post companies, and she seemed startled.

I will keep looking.

--James--

Reply to
news.individual.net

Might want to check at

if you're looking for a supplier of Victorian Gothic.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

They're fence posts.

Home Depot "used to sell" a lot of things they don't carry anymore. That's part of their scheme.

If I want to replace my cedar fencing, and finish the side I didn't do to match the existing, I have to go to a "brand new" Home Depot because any store that's been around for 10 or more years no longer stocks the style.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Thanks !!!