4X4 Posts -- Gothic decoration ??

Home Depot used to sell decorative 4X4 eight foot long posts, with the top end being a carved pointed-dome looking feature (Gothic look I guess). It is a bit hard to describe, but I am sure that many of you have seen them. These posts were very neat for garden posts, to hang flower baskets and birdfeeders off of.
I can no longer find them in any store like Home Depot, Lowe's etc etc. I have looked everywhere that I can think of.
Do any of you know where I might find these posts now ??
Thanks for any tips or suggestions !!
--James--
Local lumberyard has display of this type of thing.
On Sun, 30 May 2004 14:08:09 -0400, "news.individual.net"

Local lumberyard has display of this type of thing.
Ok, great. I will go to your local lumber yard and pick some of them up. Can you give me the address please ?
Thanks !!
Yellow pages would be a place to start.
On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:30:11 -0400, "news.individual.net"

I looked under the Yellow pages for Gothic Posts, and no luck.
I even called the telephone operator and asked her for the Gothic Post companies, and she seemed startled.
I will keep looking.
--James--
Might want to check at http://www.oldlouisville.com/circa1900 / especially if you're looking for a supplier of Victorian Gothic.

Thanks !!!
---------------------------
Might want to check at http://www.oldlouisville.com/circa1900 / especially if you're looking for a supplier of Victorian Gothic.
They're fence posts.
Home Depot "used to sell" a lot of things they don't carry anymore. That's part of their scheme.
If I want to replace my cedar fencing, and finish the side I didn't do to match the existing, I have to go to a "brand new" Home Depot because any store that's been around for 10 or more years no longer stocks the style.

Try a local fence company.
--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

Try a local millwork shop. The kind of place where builders buy moldings and doors.
The carved pointed-dome looking thing is a finial.
Very good idea on the millwork shop. I will find one and check it out .
Thanks !!
--James--
Home Dept and Lowes both sell the finials and caps which makes a fine looking post!

is
These