4thg of July tradition

Every years for the past 15 or so, I'm usually the first one up on this holiday. To brighten everyone's mood and start the day right, I play Stars and Stripes Forever. Loudly.
My family appreciates it.
On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 7:05:26 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

...and, if you live in a small town...go to the parade! "God Bless US, everyone!"
On 07/04/2015 07:14 AM, bob_villa wrote:

"There was no deity involved" -- Spock
BTW, the parade here took 12 minutes to pass any particular spot.
--
"Answers are easy. Good ones are hard. And the absence of a good one is
no basis for failing to reject a bad one." -- Neal M. Stevens
On 7/4/2015 8:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I like your approach. But now days, would you need to play the Islam prayer call? I mean, the old guy with indigestion bellowing tunelessly into a crappy PA system would be the sweetest sound Obama ever heard. Why not bring it home?
On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 7:24:58 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

...you've reached a new low...Oren wouldn't post shit like this (at least not today).
On 7/4/2015 7:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Salute to the flag!
--
Maggie

Ribs, beans, potato salad and chocolate cake. We finished off the evening with a few hundred dollars worth of illegal fireworks. (mostly mortars and "cakes")

We stayed home in the nice cool AC and watched the national fireworks show on TV! :)
--
Maggie

Watching other people's fireworks is like watching other people having sex. There may be some amusement but it is nothing like doing it yourself.

OTOH, I've seen the national fireworks in person when I was a kid, plus have seen the local fireworks many times. The heat, bugs, crowds, and did I mention the heat are deterrents to my former enthusiasm. I can't do the heat for very long these days.
--
Maggie

FrozenNorth posted for all of us...

He already had his spicy beans, eggs and beer.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 07/04/2015 06:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Reportedly my grandfather started every Sunday morning off with his favorite John Phillips Souza selections. Just as well he died before I was born.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

I did not hear it at my house. Could you do it again, now?
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*