Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Golf Anyone?
I think that's the guy who never picks up the check at the restaurant!
6
6

What is this?
Oh, right. Wait till your guy goofs up, and then quit the thread. I think Gordon would have saved a lot of time to simply ask me to delete off the Re: when the subject line changes. How hard was that?...
36
36

Repair Manifesto
Small fans are one thing that is often tossed when they quit turning . They often need just a drop or 6 of light oil ... 2 down and one to go , but the 3rd might have a loose bushing which oil...
2
2

Briggs & Stratton, no compression brand new head
24 hp engine on a Cub Cadet mower. V-twin. 2004 vintage 274 hours. Left side of engine (looking from the carburetor) had bent push rods. On the intake valve the valve guide got displaced and locked up...
5
5

Joining stringers for long stairs
no building codes here so the only option is to sue in small claims court, and that is not a sure thing either due to the lack of codes here. age. To avoid windows and other things, up top is a 4'x8'...
22
22

Does Amazon think we're hooked
Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock. Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor at least. Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r...
7
7

Burpford: Windopws died yesterday!
Hey Burpford: Windowps died years ago. Support for that crap can be cut now. Microshaft is worth about 75% of google - a Linux company. Facebook is a Linux company, so is Amazon, Reddit, IBM, Oracle,...

OT? Insects, esp. moths, what wiill they do?
What harm does it do if bugs fly into the house? Mostly moths and a small number with spindly legs. I don't have any all-wool suits. They are all wool and ??polyester??, or some blend that moths won't...
1
1

price of AAA alkaline
Why are AAA alkaline batteries as expensive as AA, per battery? I've gotten AA as low as 20 cents a piece, but I don't need AA. I need AAA and shouldn't they be cheaper since they're smaller. Do...
134
134

OT When is evening to you?
Just out of curiosity. When does evening start to you? Sundown? 5 PM? 6 PM? 7 PM? To me it's about 6 PM. I wonder if the part of the country where you were raised would matter? Or where you currently...
8
8

Lawn sprinkler question
I have a line of about 5 heads. The ones farthest away from the valve are working perfectly. The 3 closest to valve only go part way up and if I manually pull them up, they often stay up even after...
8
8

Garage door sticking after closed and in the direct sun. Sticking on the weather ripping.
Need a good lubricant that last in direct sun light door faces west and sticks after door is closed for a period.

OT, WWII History
s and the vehicles are covered in dust or worse. Someone in England sold a WWII German encryption machine that had been on the floor of a backyard she d since the end of the war. I have to wonder how...
1
1

Backyard Wildlife
They didnb't have red, but i don't remember grey heads either. Of course I was trying to keep my eye on the road. It's been 3 days. If I went back, the deer has probably been eaten, maybe.
5
5

Indy 500 live and streaming
You can, if you know what to look for. The gears are now paddle shifted from a small paddle on the steering wheel.
11
11