Subject Author Posted Replies

The PURPOSE of alt.home.repair
| It seems that has become a newsgroup to discuss | everything EXCEPT home repair topics. | Thank you for your efforts, but as you can see from the responses, there's little civility or even common...
28
28

OT How to backup Android phone to PC, without using Google.
Has anyone used anything other than Google to backup Android phone data? Has anyone use Wondershare MobileGo or MobileTransfer? Do you know the difference between the two? They give you 4 days to...
6
6

PEX Plumbing
I have a dual basin bathroom sink, with out dated / ugly faucets. I want to replace both faucets, which are now fed by copper piping. To connect my new faucets, to the current copper pipes would be...
2
2

Camry
Hi, I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a message for her to call me back. Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are even more subdued than Toyota,...
12
12

OT: a quote to think about
It made me think.
5
5

Preparing old lawn for new one
OK, but does it affect germination of the new seed? That is why you can't use Roundup or similar chemicals.
13
13

Bosch Terminal Designations for Automotive Wiring
Bosch terminal designations, courtesy Joel Walker. From Bosch Automotive Handbook, 3rd edition Terminal Designations (Excerpts from DIN Standard 72 552) The terminal designations do not identify the...

Extra Long growth on some Maple branches
Perhaps it came from the side of the family which was well endowed. Is the sun mostly on the side where the branches are longer?
4
4

briggs and stratton 3.5 push mower dies unless tilted foward off ground
From this guy...
3
3

Kitchen sink garbage disposal dry
How long can kitchen garbage disposals things run dry? Are they ALWAYS supposed to have water every second they're running?
28
28

Font size T-bird and Firefox
This might be old hat to the computer whiz kids here. There is a add on for Firefox and Thunderbird that regulates font size. Theme Font & Size Changer The subject lines for Usenet posts were...
1
1

Hauling 16 Ft Boards On An 8 Ft Trailer - Easy Peasy!
Rip narrow strips from long boards. Butt short boards end to end Glue narrow strips to top & bottom of butted shorts
18
18

OT? testing computer speakers with cell phone?
Micky wrote: "When the computer speakers have one speaker that plugs into the sound card and another speaker that plugs into the first speaker, is there a convention about whether the first speaker is...
55
55

how do I connect a quick connect to a kohler faucet
I received a new quick connect from kohler how do I attach it to the pipe
10
10

OT: Password Managers?
Agree in part with "fear of the cloud" (especially Google's for some reason). OTOH, Roboform has been around and copped top honor in the various reviews for a long time. You have to trust somebody and...
59
59