Subject Author Posted Replies

Door Sizes in an Old House
We are remodeling an old house we own and want to replace the cheap looking (and largely damaged) doors with some 6 panel doors from Home Depot. One d oor is 25 5/8 wide and Home Depot doesn't stock a...
4
4

memory foam mattress
I bought 2 of them, one for the RV (that was the test) and one for home (after the RV test) about 7 years ago. The expanded really fast, no waiting. I don't think, at the time, they came from China.
9
9

While on the subject of lawn sprinkler systems...
Not that I'm really thinking of redesigning our sprinkler system, but out of curiosity I picked up RainBird's questionnaire/layout sheets to send in for them to design an appropriate system, and one...
4
4

More about Roundup
Micky's recent post asking about Roundup inspired this. Years ago, we planted some Boston ferns around an oak tree. Their purpose was to fill in densely and prevent 1000s of baby oaks from popping up...
7
7

UK folks
Will you stay or will you go?
3
3

Does Round Up hurt bushes.
I have 5 privet bushes, (arranged in a U fwiw) and someone sprayed Round-Up on the bed around them. Is this something that should bother me for horticultural reasons? That is, might he have damaged...
7
7

Kenmore Dryer Capacity ?
Hi, Have spent a lot of time on many sites trying to find the Capacity of an older model Kenmore front-loading Dryer. Have lost track, but wouldn't surprise me if it's 20-30 years of age. Have had no...
2
2

OT - Interesting Volunteer Opportunity To Help The Families Of Our Troops
I just spent a few hours volunteering with an organization called Full Circle Home. I'll call it a "Reverse Care Package" system. The organization collects small, donated gifts (perfume, key chains,...
1
1

Partially blocked lawn sprinkler line -- how to unblock and how to prevent in future
Our sprinkler system has many daisy-chained sprinklers -- not the way to do it, I understand, but that's the way they were. A week or two ago I managed to chew up a sprinkler with the mower, and when...
7
7

pilot light problems
We have a propane powered vent less gas log set in our home. It came with the house( so its probably a cheaper model) and is about 16 months old as is the house. It has a standing pilot light. Our...
4
4

hot melt asphalt and driveway
+1 That kind of timeframe is typical.
6
6

OT: Electric car batteries
Too much hassle to change diet. I like to eat what I enjoy eating.
201
201

brass lamps
I would like to find some place in San Diego that will renew two very pitted brass lamps in San Diego. Any suggestions? margi
3
3

OT: Anybody Here Living With Atrial Fibrillation?
In the ER they told me "Nobody dies from afib - it's the blood clots that get you later on." But it seems like people *do* die from afib unless I am reading various accounts incorrectly. Wilt...
7
7

Trader Joe’s Company
When I grew up, the air was polluted....and by God it made us tough.
10
10