Subject Author Posted Replies

"Shieldz" over dry-wall compound -- dry-wall compound is coming off
Dunno'; never used the product. The Tech Data sheet doesn't say anything terribly much on new drywall; does say plaster must cure 90 days before using the product. I'd guess the two days wasn't long...
11
11

Mildew on clothes
Well, the non-domesticated genius here left a load of towels in the = warsher overnight and then hung them up to dry, and they now have this = nice mildew smell. What's the best non-lethal treatment?...
15
15

Update on Whirlpool refrigerator powering down after a power glitch (really long)
This is an update on my new (July 2015) Whirlpool '4 door' French door fridge. I previously reported that while on a 1 week vacation in April 2016, the unit powered down and spoiled all the food. The...
33
33

Debug advice Kenmore coldspot 106-59422801 stopped refrigerating
Danny, are my posts making it to you, through your server? You've not answered my question. And you're going through a lot of bother which isn't really needed. But, did you ever do any thing simple? I...
183
183

Screw hooks into Hardy Plank
I'd probably epoxy the bracket rather than drill into the HP. That or just tell the missus it can't be mounted there ;-)
2
2

Dedicated circuits for wet bar?
Hi, The NEC requires I install 2-20amp circuits for a kitchen. I'm remodeling my basement and installing a wet bar. It's not a kitchen, because there's absolutely no provision for a stove. I'm not...
2
2

OT: PC User Info
Read about the latest tech news and developments from our team of experts, who provide updates on the new gadgets, tech products & services on the horizon.

Child Car Seat Question, Please ?
Hello, A bit OT, but you folks seem to know just about "everything", so let me please ask: Son has a Subaru Outback, and a car child seat. The strap that is meant, apparently, to secure the very top...
4
4

What kind of wood glue to use outdoors?
When Trump is in office, he'll make the bees assemble them themselves.
5
5

testing electric fence?
That's what I was thinking too. Normally an animal is grounded, standing on the earth, the wire insulated. The animal completes the circuit. Here the wire is on top of a creosote timber, sounds like...
31
31

OT/Ping T4
How's Comey looking to you now? Do you believe me now that the fix is in? Say hello to your new POTUS
2
2

OT - How Do I Stop Getting Recall Notices On A Vehicle I No Longer Own?
Holy crap! Did you even read my post? How could you possibly have missed the paragraph where I clearly stated that I have filled out the card multiples times and even included supporting documentation...
51
51

Peeling eggs
Neighbor is giving me free eggs from his chickens. Shell is very thin. Any tricks for peeling egg shells without destroying the egg when the shell is very thin?
14
14

Redneck coffee grinder
I agree, but when you're looking to sub a shop tool, that criteria probably went out the window.
43
43

Pinhole Size Leak in Water Pipe; Moldable Putty products That Work, etc. ?
Wouldn't sanding the pipe smooth it rather than roughen it?
22
22