Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing breaker for the outside condenser unit - necessary or ripoff?
IDK why she needs a home warranty service. Seems to me she just needs a local, reputable service company for the things that she has covered. In this case, it would be a local HVAC company. You call...
35
35

Electrical work in England
Why do you think 120v is exempt? In places where "owner/builder" is legal, there is no difference between 120 and 240. You are still supposed to have a permit for any changes to the fixed wiring in...
27
27

2 jobs that should be simple but... rain gutter and barrel rant.
Rain harvest system Oh sure. Sounds real simple. Rain Gutters Oh Sure. Sounds real simple. Rain gutters are simple unless you have tilted fascia boards and you didn't know they needed flashing until...
5
5

I Want A Drone (To Check My Gutters)
I think he should just stick with emoticons.
40
40

Why don't mice figure out the moustrap?
That's probably true! After the first couple of sets, the smart ones seem to be leaving the peanut butter alone!
37
37

OT: Ebay experts
I've sold a lot of stuff on Ebay over the years from high-dollar electronics to $10 items and all transactions except a handful went smoothly. Most of my problems came from really stupid and/or...
38
38

Insulating a/c ductwork on the roof
EPS, expandable polystyrene. Packaging, fish boxes, ICFs. No latex.
8
8

Cleaning an undermounted sink?
I'm pretty sure that he didn't mean to imply that the *sink* was marble. He mentioned marble because he is concerned with damaging the counter top material. In fact, he is not even worried about...
8
8

Outdoor a/c unit makes 1 second long buzzing noise.
When does it make this noise? When starting? If so, sounds like it could be the contactor. Removing a cover and isolating the noise would tell you.
2
2

Lubrication for plumbing non-toxic?
Yep, thats what I was gonna suggest. I've used it for decades and it works well. It's made for faucets so it has to be non-toxic, (and should say so on the label).
12
12

Louisiana floodwaters -- remarkable video
Can you be sure they were not at home cuz they were watching FOX News? nb
3
3

You Want The Chimney *Where*?
This is what you get when the interior design drives the structural build. I saw that in the attic of a house while visiting friends in Vermont. I know it's not uncommon, but it's the first time I've...
1
1

Electric usage with central AC in heatwave
Very reasonable. Last month I averaged 42 kWh per day for the month, up from 32 kWh for the same period last year. I pay .169
19
19

painting wood using oil-based paint
... Actually, I've _never_ looked specifically at a can of solid stain topcoat as never have (and never will) had any use for the product. :) But, I'll still bet somewhere in the instructions for each...
30
30

! UNDERWEAR DOWN THE TOILET!
While flushing, my 4 yr old son threw his under in the toilet. It flushed like normal. The washing machine was running and the water ran out on the floor. The washer is in the garage. Should I take...
3
3