Subject Author Posted Replies

Grease marks left on brick
I have brick around my stove and when I fry something on the stove it leaves grease stains on the brick. I have tried several cleaners and none have taken the grease out.
3
3

What Does My Finger Weigh?
I'm always interested in learning new things to try and spotted this one in a book of puzzles SWIMBO just gave me. I just had to try it. Put a paper or Styrofoam cup with water in it on a kitchen or...
32
32

Smoke alarm
First. Alert brand . Why is the escape light flashing red,yellow, and green every few means ok. I think it should stay one color to indicate the alarms status. Am I correct. The test feature does...
1
1

Electric chainsaws
ded versions online, which is what I want. These have decent reviews. I d on't want battery, can't use gas at this location. Anyone used either of t hese or know another one in the $120 or less range?...
22
22

Wall Garden
IDK if you mean the primer is going to serve as the extra moisture guard or not, but if so, primer isn't intended for that purpose, you need paint. IDK of a moisture barrier that's intended as a long...
1
1

GFCI Fuese
Are there any 20 amp GFCI protected FUSES available. I need to replace one in a junction fuse box.
45
45

Drylok Waterproofing?
Has anyone here tried using Drylok to waterproof their basement? My daughter had good results with it and I was thinking of using it at my place. Paul
4
4

Your Opinion of Good and Bad Deck Coatings (Stain. Paint, etc)
Some of you have coated a deck with some sort of coating. Whether it's a stain, paint, or something else. What brands have you found to be good quality, or maybe you have been dissapointed with some...
8
8

Do you grease plastic lawnmower drive gears?
Nylon geares are their own "dry lube"
7
7

Ideas for improving washing machine lint filtering?
I have an Amana Heavy Duty Washer that is top loading and has a built-in se lf-cleaning lint trap between the inner and outer tubs. The lint trap is no where near as effective as lint screens used to...

Two recent incidents might be of interest to group
Bought a grill heat shield at Lowes yesterday with shelf price of $19.99 which I thought was high but decided to buy anyway so I took it to self checkout and was charged $3.99. Thought they had...
1
1

Toilet bowl rust stains
Oren my huckleberry friend, You forgot about brown cooties already? You taught me all about them! I suspect what the OP "thinks" is rust, is the brown cooties you described in my sister's toilet bowl....
11
11

Amazon clamps down on dangerous, laptop-destroying USB-C cables
If it sets that LiON battery on fire while you are sleeping, it might.
8
8

Bought new home, some flood lights come on some times, others other times
Scott, If it's a new home then call the electrical contractor who wired it.. Dave Martel
14
14

GE Electric range model jbs07c1ww oven light not working
This GE electric range oven light is not working. The bulb is good, the sw itch tested good, the socket tested good. I even pigtailed a regular light socket. The switch provided power to the socket ....
3
3