Subject Author Posted Replies

Tapping into a main lugs connection .
So who is this "home inspector" and why does his opinion matter? Was he your county's building inspector or did the buiding inspector pass all of the wiork? Dave M.
37
37

Internal Revenue Scam OT)
Our laws apply within our borders, but the phone scammers are overseas. Even so, the feds have managed to shut a few of these down. Problem is, it's an endless game of whack-a-mole. Scammer A hires a...
28
28

Disabling DRL on several different makes and models
For those interested. The trick for the s10 I mentioned is covered there as well. [g] http://lightsout.org/disable.html

And it's all moot ...
Installed the "new" mobo in a case today , hooked it up and pushed the power button . Nothing happened . Refund is on the way , and I gain a (maybe) usable 2-core processor and 4 Gb of Corsair RAM .

Electrical Outlet Replacement
Better call the cops on HD, *again*! They still sell self-grounding receptacles. Mostly that's because they are still code compliant.
53
53

Fake fence post corner?
What's the problem? Sounds like free electricity to me.
1
1

Keyed F series lever for French door. Is free I lock the door from the inside with turn. Peg, door unlocks when lever is pressed. Is this the way this keyed lever system works or did I install incorrectly?
I'm sure the product data sheet will tell you...but I'd guess the answer is "probably yes" as fire egress safety feature.
3
3

Which are good cleaners to use with septic systems?
Do folks have suggested brand names of hand soaps, dish soaps, and laundry detergents which are relatively easy on septic systems. I have two rental units and would like to give conccrete suggestions...
6
6

LED Bulb dying
I remember seeing some socket sets that had the lifetime guarantee. They cost about $ 5. If oe broke you sent the old one back and $ 4.95 for shipping and handling to get it replaced. Except for very...
89
89

Outside air intake
Our furnace at our condo building is set up outside with a small enclosed room above the parking spaces. Can our intake on the furnace suck in exhaust from cars or trucks running in the spots below?
2
2

(OT) Setting the clock on an Android Tablet
I bought a used Android Tablet. It works fine, but there is no manual. The seller said he bought it, used it once and its been in a closet ever since. He dont like Android, and bought a Windows...
1
1

OT: He even failed to fall completely
University of Pittsburgh student Grand Birdsong, 22, has been identified as the man who was stuck between the two buildings early Tuesday morning.
2
2

Question for linux-based users
While it's true that 32 bit addressing thing is the root cause, it's not true that it's impossible to have more than 4GB of RAM because of it. All Intel CPUs since the Pentium II have supported more...
23
23

The first VW engineer to plead guilty is "remorseful"
The definition of remorse is ??? VW engineer pleads guilty to diesel emissions scandal James Robert Liang, who has worked for VW since 1983, was the leader of diesel competence for VW from 2008 until...
5
5

Thermostat-Controlled Hot Plate for Steam Box?
I wimped out and bought a steam cleaner - hoping to avoid making my own steam source for a small steam box (for bending a cane handle). But the capacity is insufficient. The good-right-and-holy path...
2
2