Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardwood floor mobile home
We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can...
5
5

(OT) Increased Speed Limits on Highways
Recently they increased the speed limit from 55mph to 70 mph on all major highways in a nearby statem where I travel regularly. At first I thought this was a good idea. I always liked to drive about...
45
45

Best Buy recycling
Did not want to get lost in printer thread so I looked up on line: There are some restrictions and prices. I mentioned that I had dropped off three CRT TV's less than 32 inches in the last few years...
6
6

Applying Braille Markers to U.S. Highways
Blind Americans are at a great disadvantage, since they can not drive cars on U.S. Highways. Yet, these people could be traveling our roads and highways if all roads and highways had braille markings...
14
14

"Dual" brand Car Stereo (any good)?
From the recent thread on this newsgroup "Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD". I learned a lot about the modern car stereos, and their features. It's been years since I bought a car...
29
29

A gun walks into a bar
No gun jokes handy, but how about this one? "What's wrong, dear?" she asks. "Do you remember 20 years ago, when your father caught us having sex in the back of his police car?" "I remember," she says....
2
2

manager
I would like to put a complaint in about a manager in regina sask. the harb our landing store I wanted to buy a ceiling tile cover they were all broken but all I needed was a piece 18 inches long and...
8
8

Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one
I just bought a Hewlett-Packard Envy 7645 that prints, scans, copies, and faxes. Works well for me, although I haven't bothered to hook up the fax option. This was to replace a similar HP that I had...
143
143

Okeefe and Merritt oven won't light, pilot light very low and not adjustable
Have an Okeefe & Merritt Model 55-280-5. It had been working fine. Now pilot is very low (a change) and the adjustment screw under the griddle does not change the pilot height. Main gas valve does not...

how long should I wait to seal coat a new asphalt driveway
*driveway was just do *
3
3

Need Link to Dirt Devil After-Market Hose and Couplers
Would like to add universal 1.25" attachments to my Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik vacuum via a short hose attachment. After-market attachments are hard to find for this model. Vacuum has a 1.25" female...
1
1

OT - maybe - Southern Cal earthquake prediction
I hope those reporting this earthquake prediction have considered how badly they probably are frightening millions of people. For a week. It's even worrying me and I live about 100 miles from the...
16
16

Paint concrete sealing
Looking at loft style condo and wondering the best way to paint, seal or both. I have suggestions to paint with a flat latex black paint mixed with a sealer but not really liking the idea of painting...
4
4

Troubleshooting Alternator / Voltage Reg
Alternator is not charging battery. Connections and cables are all good, no voltage drops. Battery holds a charge, checked under load and is fine. This one has separate alternator and regulator....
25
25

OT - Craigslist Vent - What Happened To Being Polite?
I have an item listed on Craigslist. It requires a van, truck or trailer to move, so I included local delivery in the posting. I included a detailed description and enough pictures for anyone to...
49
49