Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking toilet
I know a couple who recently got a $1600 water bill for one of the properties they own. Here in Milwaukee the water is cheap enough that land lords often just include it in the rent. Due to sewage and...
34
34

No "NO Vacancy" signs. OH TEE
I haven't seen a "no vacancy" sign at a motel for years. Any ideas why that courtesy fell out practice? The closest I've seen lately was a note on the door of a motel I stayed at one night.
3
3

"Is your refrigerator
running? I might vote for it." That was on a sign at a local gas station.
1
1

up grade electrical panel for garage
i have my garage running off a 20amp breaker and i want to upgrade to handle more electric load. what are my options
29
29

OT Vasectomy
10
10

OT Campaign contributions
I - and probably many others - are of the opinion that campaign contributtions should be oulawed or vastly reduced in size - say max of $50 ot $100 a year total for all contributions. At least for...
1
1

Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom (2023 Update)
About 1-2 months ago now we remodeled out bathroom. New grout, new tiles, new floor, new toilet. Since then, there has been a very very very strong chemical smell in the bathroom that simply will not...
74
74

Torque on Natural Gas Piping, 1-inch OD?
I cannot get my water heater out without removing a couple of feet of natur al gas black piping, 1-inch OD. The pipe goes horizontally into the wall, j oins with an el, and then proceeds vertically...
22
22

thickness jam gauge
I have a dough sheeter, which has two adjustable rollers for establishing the thickness of a sheet of dough. There are no measurement indicators on the machine, so I am looking for a gauge to jam in...
20
20

CRT TV Disposal/Recycling
In another thread in this group ("Can't repair home office printer ..."), a side issue was raised about CRT TV's needing to be recycled (sometimes for a fee) instead of being put out at the curb with...
16
16

OT: Second hurricane East of Hurricane Matthew
This is an interesting scenario for sure. See the part about ?The Fujiwara Effect?. Hurricane Nicole may hit Florida immediately following Hurricane Matthew, weather forecasters warn.
8
8

Separating two heat fused ABS body parts of an impeller
HI, Am unable to get a part for my LG dishwasher. Figured i could repair th e same if i could find a way to split open an ABS body impeller that has a worn out seal......the hitch is that the 2 parts...
4
4

Hardwood floor mobile home
We have a 2010 champion double wide. My problem is I want hardwood floor in family room which has a line down the middle where the two half join my husband says it won't work. Will it if not what can...
5
5

(OT) Increased Speed Limits on Highways
Recently they increased the speed limit from 55mph to 70 mph on all major highways in a nearby statem where I travel regularly. At first I thought this was a good idea. I always liked to drive about...
45
45

Best Buy recycling
Did not want to get lost in printer thread so I looked up on line: There are some restrictions and prices. I mentioned that I had dropped off three CRT TV's less than 32 inches in the last few years...
6
6